Cook II at Sonesta International Hotels Corporation
Posted in Restaurant - Food Service 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
Job Description SummaryPrepare meals in accordance with portion and quality standards specified in recipes. Control food usage to minimize waste.
- Prepare and cook orders for daily operations.
- Advise supervisor of low inventory items; assists in receiving items and taking inventory as required.
- Maintain sanitation and cleanliness standards in the kitchen area that meet or exceed the state and local Health Board inspection and Sonesta requirements.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and well-organized work area, including but not limited to reach-ins, walk-ins and counters. Reports all unsafe or malfunctioning equipment to supervisor.
- May assist by performing warewasher or other kitchen duties as needed.
- Promote team work and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Sales and Marketing, Banquets, Catering, Outlets, Maintenance, and Guest Services. May occasionally interact directly with guests.
- May assist with other duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
- Health Benefits (Health & Dental Insurance)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Sonesta Hotels & Other Outlets Discounts
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Days
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Newborn & Adopted Child Leave
- Spousal & Domestic Partner Leave
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Credit Union
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Activities & Events
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete applications received will not be considered.