Administrative Support 2 - 00026414 at Ga.Dept of Community Health
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Moultrie, Georgia
The Georgia Department of Community Health (DCH) is one of Georgia's four health agencies serving the state's growing population of almost 10 million people. DCH serves as the lead agency for Medicaid and oversees the State Health Benefit Plan (SHBP), Healthcare Facility Regulation and Health Information Technology in Georgia for one in four Georgians. Through effective planning, purchasing and oversight, DCH provides access to affordable, quality health care to millions of Georgians, including some of the state's most vulnerable and under-served populations. Six enterprise offices support the work of the agency's four program divisions. DCH employees are based in Atlanta, Cordele and across the state.
The Georgia Department of Community Health, Medicaid Division, is seeking a qualified candidate for the Administrative Support 2 position with the Right from the Start Medical Assistance Group section. The position will be located in Moultrie, GA (Colquitt County).
Annual Salary Range: $ 21,040.97
Pay Grade: D
Current Georgia state government employees will be subject to SPB rule provisions in reference to salary.
Under general supervision, the Clerk/Administrative Support will perform a variety of clerical functions supporting the RSM Teams and/or managers. The Clerk/Administrative Support will be responsible for accepting applications through Peachcare for Kids System, walk-in applications, and other electronic means from the community to register and provide administrative support to a Medicaid RSM Team. In addition, the Program Assistant is responsible for handling all front-line customer contact for each assigned RSM Team and for general clerical duties to support the RSM Team. The Clerk/Administrative Support also maintains confidential records and files of required reports and records and facilitates the day-to-day operation of the office while the supervisor is off-site. The work hours are generally 8 am - 5 pm, Monday - Friday.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for maintaining a minimum of 4 high volume fax machines by checking, date stamping and distributing throughout the day and minor fax machine problem resolution.
- Opens, Sorts and distributes large volumes of mail
- Scans large volumes of documents from customers
- Organizes statewide projects
- Direct phone contact with providers to gather information, retrieval of information from electronic web-based sources, hardcopy, and voicemail, data entry, and dissemination of information to appropriate personnel for further processing, action and generation of letters correspondence.
- Assists supervisor with maintenance of budget data.
- Must be able to perform simple math calculations.
- Maintains confidential records.
- Must have reliable transportation for work, travelling to meetings and for other official business for the agency.
- Intermediate or advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Products to include Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: (In addition to the minimum qualification applicant must possess the following):
- A degree and/or professional certification.
- Intermediate or advance knowledge of Microsoft Office Product.
- Moderate to general clerical experience in a healthcare setting,
- performing a wide range of clerical support functions.
- Computer skills, including navigating databases, and internet
- Ability to operate general office machines, including copiers, fax machines, and printers.
- The ability to communicate easily with others in a concise and professional manner.
Please visit the DCH jobsite link to review the job posting and apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/dchga/jobs/2078686/administrative-support-2-00026414 Applicants who do not apply using the DCH jobs link provided above will NOT be considered.
For other DCH career opportunities,
please visit: https://dch.georgia.gov/dch-employment
High school diploma or GED AND Two years of general office or administrative experience.