Admin Assistant 3 (D1) at Ga. Dept. of Transportation
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Gainesville, Georgia
GST052 Admin Assistant 3 - 40001 Administrative Ops Coord 2
Pay Grade H
JOB SUMMARY: Supervises, guides, and/or instructs the work assignments of subordinate staff. Performs a wide range of office administration duties for assigned functions or program areas, duties may be complex in nature and may involve access to confidential information. May research, investigate, and/or resolve program data or issues. Drafts documentation, reports, or presentations. Represents program or unit, provides information and assistance to internal and external customers.
JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES: Provides a variety of complex, non-clerical, general business support functions for an institution, centralized district/regional office, a section/division of an office in an agency, or a similar entity in which incumbents function relatively independently. Business support functions in these settings are of sufficient complexity to require incumbents to possess a business administration or related degree or equivalent experience. Typical support functions include a combination of accounting (posting, reconciliation) and/or budget development and monitoring, purchasing and inventory, asset management, records management and/or related areas. Usually supervises a small number of clerical, technical, facility maintenance or other staff.
The selected candidate must meet the advertised minimum qualifications to include State Entry Qualifications as well as Agency Specific Minimum Qualifications.
STATE ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS:
• Associate's degree from an accredited college or university AND Two years of related experience
• OR Four years of related experience.
AGENCY MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• Completion of an undergraduate major in business administration or public administration at a four-year college or university and One year of administrative experience such as tracking, monitoring, and reporting expenditures
• OR Four years of experience performing a variety of complex non-clerical general business support functions in Accounting, operations program support, and/or Purchasing.
• Experience with Microsoft Office
• Experience in PeopleSoft Financials.
• Lead worker or supervisory experience
• Thorough knowledge of or experience in accounting, budget, procurement, and inventory control. Demonstrates good leadership skills.
• Demonstrated ability to plan, supervise, and train subordinates.
• Demonstrated ability to evaluate work performance, provide constructive feedback and coach others.
• Demonstrated ability to plan, distribute and monitor work assignments.
• Ability to make sound and well-informed decisions.
• Ability to recognize opportunities to aid in the achievement of department goals and objectives.
• Ability to adapt work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles.
• Ability to create/develop and implement processes and/or programs in compliance with statutory and departmental standards.
• Ability to adapt to change in work assignments and priorities.
• Ability to be flexible and open to change toward new information and technology.
• Must be self-motivated and results oriented.
• Possess strong interpersonal skills.
• Committed to providing quality customer service.
AGENCY PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Completion of the State of Georgia GAAP Accounting Classes.
• Possession of GCPA Certification (Georgia Certified Purchasing Associate).
• Two years of experience similar in the area of the advertised vacancy.
• Demonstrated ability to research information and prepare complex reports or correspondence.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to change in work assignments and priorities.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL GDOT JOBS
The interview is just one part of the overall selection process and is not the only criteria used to make the final selection. In addition to the interview, the final selection is based on the applicant's work history and performance (documented in HR and/or Office files), PeopleSoft/employee status (i.e. rehire code), employee performance reviews, personnel file review (HR & Office Files), criminal background check, employment reference checks (including references and commendations from Managers and other relevant documentation) and, for supervisory positions, demonstrated leadership skills based on past and current work history will be considered.
Good Employment Standing:
In accordance with the Interview and Selection Process (ISP), an applicant must have no active disciplinary actions to be in good employment standing. Actions that may disqualify an applicant include letters of reprimand (active for 12 months after issuance date); suspension without pay or disciplinary demotion (active for 12 months from the effective date); Performance Improvement Plans (PIP) and Leave Restriction Plans (active until 12 months after the date of conclusion). In addition, an employee must have an overall ePerformance rating score of three (3) or higher on their most current evaluation. Please note that Memorandums of Concern are not considered disqualifying factors. Human Resources may remove any employee from consideration for selection who is pending a disciplinary action; however, if the action is resolved in the employee's favor, he or she will be allowed to compete.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
THIS IS AN INTERNAL JOB ANNOUCEMENT OPEN ONLY TO GEORGIA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION EMPLOYEES
THIS IS AN UNCLASSIFIED POSITION.
THE SELECTED APPLICANT FOR THE POSITION WILL BE SUBJECT TO A REFERENCE CHECK AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK, WHERE APPLICABLE
PLEASE INCLUDE ALL RELEVANT JOB INFORMATION ON THE APPLICATION FOR
CONSIDERATION. ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE PRESCREENED.
UPON PROMOTION, THE SELECTED CANDIDATE WILL RECEIVE 10% or THE GDOT JOB SPECIFIC MINIMUM SALARY, WHICHEVER IS GREATER.
THE GEORGIA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Considered positions for lower level
60165-Maintenance Clerk / HMMS Clerk
60115-Program Associate / Technician
Associate's degree from an accredited college or university AND Two years of related experience OR Four years of related experience.