Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Gainesville, Georgia
TRT051 Transportation Tech 2 - 20423 Survey Technician 1
Pay Grade F
JOB SUMMARY: Under general supervision, provides working level technical support in one or more of the following areas: OMAT, maintenance, construction, intermodal, planning, utilities, surveying, environmental or traffic.
JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES: Under general supervision, perform pre-construction and/or construction surveying. Operates all survey instruments necessary to obtain elevations and levels to establish vertical control and to determine angles and distances to establish horizontal control as a member of a district survey crew; or specializes in establishing either vertical or horizontal control as part of a Statewide Geodetic Survey and Mapping crew. May collect various preliminary courthouse information and/or topographical, utility and drainage data. Enhances photogrammetric mapping with pertinent survey data. May place stakes marking the survey centerline for construction of a project or assist on right-of-way staking projects. May set up and collect Global Positioning System (GPS) data.
The selected candidate must meet the advertised minimum qualifications to include State Entry Qualifications as well as Agency Specific Minimum Qualifications
STATE ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS:
• High school diploma or GED AND One year of experience required at the lower level Transportation Tech 1 (TRT050) or position equivalent.
AGENCY SPECIFIC MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• Experience on survey crew as Survey Technician.
• Ability to complete job related forms and record equipment readings
• Demonstrated ability performing basic mathematical computations
• Demonstrated ability to receive and respond to verbal communications in an appropriate manner
• Possession of the physical strength and agility and stamina necessary to perform the core responsibilities of the job
• Ability to recall instructional and procedural information with minimal use of reference material
• Demonstrated ability to work with supervisor and co-workers in a cooperative manner;
• Displays a high level of commitment toward work and a high standard of ethical conduct
• Committed to providing quality customer service
• Possesses familiarity with basic trigonometric functions
• Demonstrated ability to reason and select appropriate processes guidelines of a routine nature to follow.
• Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external personnel representing the department in a professional manner
• Ability to manage own time effectively
• Ability to adapt quickly to change
AGENCY PREFERRED QUALIFICAITONS:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL GDOT JOBS
The interview is just one part of the overall selection process and is not the only criteria used to make the final selection. In addition to the interview, the final selection is based on the applicant's work history and performance (documented in HR and/or Office files), PeopleSoft/employee status (i.e. rehire code), employee performance reviews, personnel file review (HR & Office Files), criminal background check, employment reference checks (including references and commendations from Managers and other relevant documentation) and, for supervisory positions, demonstrated leadership skills based on past and current work history will be considered.
Good Employment Standing:
In accordance with the Interview and Selection Process (ISP), an applicant must have no active disciplinary actions to be in good employment standing. Actions that may disqualify an applicant include letters of reprimand (active for 12 months after issuance date); suspension without pay or disciplinary demotion (active for 12 months from the effective date); Performance Improvement Plans (PIP) and Leave Restriction Plans (active until 12 months after the date of conclusion). In addition, an employee must have an overall ePerformance rating score of three (3) or higher on their most current evaluation. Please note that Memorandums of Concern are not considered disqualifying factors. Human Resources may remove any employee from consideration for selection who is pending a disciplinary action; however, if the action is resolved in the employee's favor, he or she will be allowed to compete.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
THIS IS AN INTERNAL JOB ANNOUCEMENT OPEN ONLY TO GEORGIA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION EMPLOYEES
THIS IS AN UNCLASSIFIED POSITION.
THE SELECTED APPLICANT FOR THE POSITION WILL BE SUBJECT TO A REFERENCE CHECK AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK, WHERE APPLICABLE
PLEASE INCLUDE ALL RELEVANT JOB INFORMATION ON THE APPLICATION FOR
CONSIDERATION. ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE PRESCREENED.
UPON PROMOTION, THE SELECTED CANDIDATE WILL RECEIVE 10% or THE GDOT JOB SPECIFIC MINIMUM SALARY, WHICHEVER IS GREATER.
GDOT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Considered Positions for Lower Level
High school diploma or GED AND One year of experience required at the lower level Transportation Tech 1 (TRT050) or position equivalent.