Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Gainesville, Georgia
TRT050 Transportation Tech 1 - 30513 Traffic Signal Tech Trainee
Pay Grade E
JOB SUMMARY: Under direct supervision, provides entry level technical support in one or more of the following areas: OMAT, maintenance, construction, intermodal, planning, utilities, surveying, environmental or traffic.
JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES: Under direct supervision, learns to install, maintain, and/or repair traffic control devices and related equipment. Possesses knowledge in basic AC/DC voltage circuits. Operates and performs preventative maintenance on several types of equipment which may include derrick trucks, aerial basket trucks, concrete saws, and trenchers. Must possess or be able to obtain a Class A or Class B Commercial Driver's license. Upon completion of necessary training will serve as on-call technician in a regular rotating schedule for reports of signal malfunction after normal business hours.
The selected candidate must meet the advertised minimum qualifications to include State Entry Qualifications as well as Agency Specific Minimum Qualifications.
STATE ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS:
• High school diploma or GED.
AGENCY SPECIFIC MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• Possession of or ability to obtain a Class A or B license within 6 months.
• Demonstrated competencies in basic reading and writing.
• Demonstrated competencies performing basic mathematical computations.
• Ability to receive and respond to verbal communications in an appropriate manner.
• Ability to work and communicate with supervisors and co-workers in a professional and cooperative manner.
• Possesses the eye-hand coordination necessary to perform electrical wiring and physical strength and agility necessary to lift heavy equipment and materials and perform work at heights above 30ft.
• Possesses working knowledge of standard electrical codes/guidelines and basic electrical wiring.
• Displays a high level of commitment toward work and a high standard of ethical conduct.
• Ability to reason and select appropriate processes/guidelines to follow.
• Committed to providing quality customer service.
AGENCY PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Possesses a technical degree certificate or diploma in electric systems, electrical contracting, HVAC systems, industrial systems, or a related field.
• Demonstrated competencies in operating and maintaining commercial vehicles.
• Possesses basic knowledge of standard traffic control procedures/guidelines relating to traffic control device installation and/or repair as set forth in the MUTCD.
• Possesses basic knowledge of traffic control procedures.
• Possesses basic knowledge of various traffic control devices and related installation and/or maintenance procedures.
• Ability to accurately locate and recognize pertinent information on basic highway/roadway plans, maps, electrical diagrams/schematics.
• Possesses basic knowledge of Departmental policies and procedures.
• Familiarity with basic computer applications.
• Demonstrated ability to recall instructional/procedural information with minimal use of reference material.
• Ability to manage own time effectively.
• Ability to adapt quickly to change.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL GDOT JOBS
The interview is just one part of the overall selection process and is not the only criteria used to make the final selection. In addition to the interview, the final selection is based on the applicant's work history and performance (documented in HR and/or Office files), PeopleSoft/employee status (i.e. rehire code), employee performance reviews, personnel file review (HR & Office Files), criminal background check, employment reference checks (including references and commendations from Managers and other relevant documentation) and, for supervisory positions, demonstrated leadership skills based on past and current work history will be considered.
Good Employment Standing:
In accordance with the Interview and Selection Process (ISP), an applicant must have no active disciplinary actions to be in good employment standing. Actions that may disqualify an applicant include letters of reprimand (active for 12 months after issuance date); suspension without pay or disciplinary demotion (active for 12 months from the effective date); Performance Improvement Plans (PIP) and Leave Restriction Plans (active until 12 months after the date of conclusion). In addition, an employee must have an overall ePerformance rating score of three (3) or higher on their most current evaluation. Please note that Memorandums of Concern are not considered disqualifying factors. Human Resources may remove any employee from consideration for selection who is pending a disciplinary action; however, if the action is resolved in the employee's favor, he or she will be allowed to compete.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
THIS IS AN INTERNAL JOB ANNOUCEMENT OPEN ONLY TO GEORGIA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION EMPLOYEES
THIS IS AN UNCLASSIFIED POSITION.
THE SELECTED APPLICANT FOR THE POSITION WILL BE SUBJECT TO A REFERENCE CHECK AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK, WHERE APPLICABLE
PLEASE INCLUDE ALL RELEVANT JOB INFORMATION ON THE APPLICATION FOR
CONSIDERATION. ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE PRESCREENED.
UPON PROMOTION, THE SELECTED CANDIDATE WILL RECEIVE 10% or THE GDOT JOB SPECIFIC MINIMUM SALARY, WHICHEVER IS GREATER.
GDOT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
High school diploma or GED.