Accounts Payable Unit Manager (GTA) at Georgia Technology Authority
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
The Georgia Technology Authority (GTA) currently manages the delivery of IT infrastructure services to 85 Executive Branch agencies and managed network services to 1,300 state and local government entities. IT infrastructure services encompass mainframes, servers, service desk, end user computing, disaster recovery and security; 14 agencies receive all of these services through GTA, while the remaining agencies may receive two or three of these services. Managed network services include the state's wide and local area networks, voice, cable and wiring, and conferencing services.
Both categories of services are provided as shared services through a public-private partnership called the Georgia Enterprise Technology Services (GETS) program. A Multisourcing Service Integrator is responsible for coordinating and overseeing the delivery of services by multiple providers.
GTA's Sourcing Management Organization is responsible for service provider oversight and management while our Sourcing Governance Organization is responsible for governance.
Meanwhile, GTA's Enterprise Governance and Planning promotes an enterprise approach to technology by establishing statewide policies, standards and guidelines based on industry best practices and federal requirements. EGAP works closely with the Governor's Office of Planning and Budget and state agencies to ensure an individual agency's IT strategy aligns with its overall business strategy and business continuity planning. EGAP is involved in managing the state's portfolio of technology projects to ensure they meet established goals and are completed on schedule and within budget.
Information security is a critically important concern at GTA, and the Office of Information Security gives particular attention to supporting the development of training for state employees so they understand their role in protecting sensitive information. In compliance with statutory requirements, GTA gathers data from state agencies on an annual basis regarding their IT security programs and IT expenditures. The data are compiled into reports that are useful in guiding state leaders in their decision making.
GTA manages the state's official online portal, www.georgia.gov , and enterprise web-publishing platform. The portal provides information and services from more than 115 state agencies and links to city and county government websites. The enterprise platform supports 78 state agency websites. Both the portal and the enterprise platform are carefully designed to ensure friendly navigation, accessibility for users with disabilities, and robust search capabilities.
GTA's vision - A transparent, integrated enterprise where technology decisions are made with the citizen in mind
GTA's mission - To provide technology leadership to the state of Georgia for sound IT enterprise management
GTA is currently seeking an Accounts Payable Unit Manager in the Accounting Office.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Unit Manager is responsible for managing the Accounting Payable (AP) office which includes Customer Vendor Relations, check/ACH disbursements, 1099 and tax related matters, establishing internal controls, and ensuring all accounting policies are being followed in accordance to GAAP, federal and state guidelines.
- Performs the day-to-day duties of overseeing accounts payable, offering assistance as needed.
- Creates partial payments for Purchase Orders and adjustment (correction vouchers).
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Sets check run.
- Audits payment of checks and ACH's verifying accuracy.
- Reviews AP reports daily for errors, budget exceptions and input.
- Runs various reports and queries ensuring invoices are paid timely with no holds.
- Provides weekly listing of invoices scheduled to pay to Unit Manager for cash management.
- Vendor Liaison for GTA.
- Responsible for 1099 Tax reporting for GTA.
- Interprets organizational policy and government regulations related to accounts payable procedures.
- Recommends operational and internal control changes.
- Resolves complex financial issues.
- Interacts with auditors and audit preparation as needed.
- Reviews and monitors unit performance by identifying opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness. Reports results to Unit Director.
- Assesses team member strengths and weaknesses and makes time available for team members to attend appropriate training programs.
- Makes hiring recommendations, writes appraisals and reviews unit performance appraisals. Provides guidance to subordinates on disciplinary actions.
- Contributes to the development of standards and recommends changes to systems, applications, and/or business services. Provides technical and/or business expertise.
- Communicates team goals and objectives to internal and external stakeholders and solicits feedback.
- Keeps team motivated through timely meetings and communications at the unit level.
Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge and application of: generally accepted accounting principles, theories and practices; techniques of standard accounting transactions, established governmental accounting practices and procedures.
- Ability to compile, monitor, examine, and audit moderately complex financial statements/reports/accounts or budget codes for accuracy, integrity, and conformance to accounting and program guidelines.
- Demonstrated decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical, communication and written skills.
- Leadership skills.
GTA Pay Grade: 9
Salary Range: $58,100.00 - $76,500.00
Current Georgia state government employees will be subject to SPB rule provisions.
EARN MORE THAN A SALARY! In addition to a competitive salary, the Georgia Technology Authority offers a generous benefits package, which includes employee retirement plan; paid holidays annually; vacation and sick leave; health, dental, vision, legal, disability, accidental death and dismemberment, health and child care spending account.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
This position is unclassified and employment is at-will.
Candidates for this position are subject to a background and credit history check.
AGENCY SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor's degree in a field related to the areas of assignment or equivalent work experience AND three (3) years of accounting experience with prior team lead or project lead experience.
(Preference will be given to candidates who, demonstrate some or all of the following skills/experience):
- One year direct supervisory experience
- State government AP/Audit experience
- Completion of the governmental accounting series
- Knowledge of Audit compliance
- Governmental accounting and/or auditing experience
- PeopleSoft/Teamwork experience
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft office (particularly in Excel and Access)
Georgia Technology Authority does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.