Sr. Embedded Firmware Engineer at Legrand North America
Posted in Architecture 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Syracuse, New York
Sr. Embedded Firmware Engineer
# Positions 1 Experience (Years) 8 Category Engineering
At a Glance
Legrand has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer to join the Electrical Wiring Systems Team in the Syracuse, NY location. The position will be responsible for developing innovative new IoT based home automation and lighting control products. The successful candidate will provide the technical leadership and expertise in firmware / software across all product lines of the Pass & Seymour business unit.
What Will You Do?
- Develop requirements, architecture, software designs, coding, unit testing and integration of embedded C and/or C++ language applications with emphasis on wireless connectivity for new IoT products.
- Collaborate with hardware engineering team members to develop Board Support Packages (BSP), boot loaders, kernel revisions, and drivers.
- Collaborate with Android and IOS application developers to integrate mobile devices into new home automation, and lighting control products.
- Collaborate with multiple Legrand business units on multi-site engineering projects.
- Mentor junior software engineers.
- Support project planning efforts including task definition and work effort.
- Identify, analyze, and recommend standard software development environment tools suitable for each project, articulating return of investment to management.
- Implement build and configuration management automation techniques that enable the team to scale up the number of products covered and increase software quality.
- BS degree in computer engineering, electrical engineering or computer science.
- 8+ years of experience with the following:
- software development using C and/or C++
- Embedded Linux, nucleus, MQX, and/or VxWorks.
- GCC/GNU tool chain and open source Linux distributions.
- CMMI-type software frameworks.
- Design experience with IOS or Android application development.
- Domain knowledge in lighting control, home automation and/or internet of things.
- 2+ years of wireless data communication software development.
- Master of Science Preferred
- Excellent understanding of software development life cycle models.
- Has implemented configuration management, including branching and merging processes.
- Ability to travel within USA, Europe, and Asia (total is less than 5%).
- Ability to lead others by example.
- Outstanding logical ability for root cause analysis.
- Excellent attention to details.
- Well-developed critical thinking capability to evaluate completeness of requirements
Every day, Legrand brings power, light and data to millions of spaces around the world. Legrand is a global, publicly-traded company listed on the Euronext ( Legrand SA EPA: LR ) with 36,000 employees worldwide, a market cap of $16B, revenue of more than $5 billion, with products sold in 180 countries. Legrand is listed on the Forbes Global 2000 as one of the world's best employers. For more information, visit legrand.com .
About Legrand North and Central America
Legrand North and Central America (LNCA) employs over 5,000 associates in 60 locations, working in 6 product categories (Electrical Wiring Systems, Building Control Systems, AV, Data Communications, Power Distribution and Control, and Lighting). LNCA offers distinctive benefits like high employer 401K match, above-benchmark paid maternity leave, paid time off to volunteer, and an active women's network. LNCA is an employee-centered, growth company with tremendous opportunity. For more information, visit legrand.us .
About Legrand's Electrical Wiring Systems Division
Legrand's Electrical Wiring Systems (EWS) division provides the most complete line of residential, commercial and industrial electrical wiring devices in the world. EWS has strong market positions in wiring devices, raceway, floor & open space, overhead systems, pro-installed home systems and specialty networking across a number of exciting verticals including industrial food and beverage, hospitality and residential builders. For more information, visit legrand.us/electrical wiring devices
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed