Theater Logistics Exercises Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Methodology Analyst JTSS 16787 at HII-TSD Camber Corporation
Posted in Military/Defense 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Camp Smith, Hawaii
Theater Logistics Exercises Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Methodology Analyst JTSS
Huntington Ingalls Industries (Camber Corporation) provides mission-critical engineering and technical service to Information Technology, Federal Civilian, and National Security, Aerospace & Defense and International government and commercial customers at over 100 locations worldwide.
HII-Camber is currently seeking a Theater Logistics Exercise Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Methodology Analyst JTSS onsite to work out of USPACOM.
Duties and Responsibilities (to include but not be limited to the following):
Position Objective: To engage throughout the Joint Exercise Life Cycle (JELC) of the No-Notice Agile Logistics Exercise (NNALE) to study and analyze the internal and external synchronization and application of theater logistics operations. Particular focus will be placed on logistics command and control, across the spectrum of core logistics processes (deployment and distribution, supply, maintenance, logistic services, operational contract support, engineering, and health services) during crisis, contingency, and wartime operations.
Essential Job Functions: Utilize the Lean Six Sigma or similar enterprise process improvement methodology to plan, coordinate, and implement a series of exercise workshops, studies and analysis in support of a NNALE, and to assess steady state and immediate response manning and processes for USPACOM strategic and operational logistics operations.
Plan, coordinate, and implement exercise workshops, studies, and analyses in support of USPACOM NNALE using the Lean Six Sigma methodology or similar enterprise process improvement methodology.
Implement workshops that feed into the NNALE.
Based on output of NNALE workshops, conduct an assessment of the steady state and immediate response manning and processes for USPACOM strategic and operational logistics operations.
Based on NNALE workshop assessment, provide recommendations for a NNALE Table Top Exercise (TTX), as well as future NNALE events, with a goal to eventually conducting a full scale theater level break-glass no-notice surge logistics focused exercise.
Provide facilitation and strategic planning expertise for logistics engagements.
Perform day-to-day management of overall logistics exercise support planning and execution activities.
Assume overall responsibility for the concept creation and execution of Lean Six Sigma Black Belt or similar enterprise process improvement methodology to support joint logistics exercises and USPACOM J4 strategic training objectives.
Assist the organization to review their mission, vision, goals, and objectives and help formulate the development of an enterprise logistics exercise plan.
Brief and report to senior levels of USPACOM and Joint Staff leadership on logistics exercise planning efforts and execution status.
Manage various projects and groups of personnel from DoD service components, agencies, and foreign nation partners.
May travel within the Pacific AOR. Travel will be reimbursed within the Joint Travel Regulations.
Experience and Requirements
- Military officer with 15 years of experience at the O-4/O-5 level, to include four years of experience in Joint operations and plans (or civilian equivalent), and a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification or similar experience in enterprise process improvement methods. Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills and be capable of briefing senior level leadership.
- IT skills and competency in utilizing MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is essential.
- Individual should hold a master’s degree from an accredited college/university or have graduated from a military command and staff college and have 10 years of task-related experience (five years of which were earned as a military O-4/government civilian or contractor equivalent) OR a hold a bachelor’s degree with 15 years of military operational experience (five years of which were earned as a military O-5/government civilian or contractor equivalent).
- Multi-theater operational or senior staff (Combatant Command or/and Joint Staff) experience is highly desired.
- Graduates of SAMS, JAWS, or SAASS will receive preferential consideration.
- Joint Professional Military Education (JPME) I or II certification or equivalent joint operations and planning experience is encouraged.
- Must be certified as a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt or similar experience in enterprise process improvement methods.
- Operational experience should include planning and executing combined and joint operations at the theater or component level.
- Experience and familiarity with the JELC, the Joint Operation Planning Process (JOPP) and the Joint Operation Planning and Execution System (JOPES) is highly desired.
- Familiarity with Joint interagency operations planning, the Joint Lessons Learned Program (JLLP), the Defense Readiness Reporting System (DRRS), a working knowledge of logistics, and civil-military operations conducted at the Combatant Command or Service Component Command level is a bonus.
- A background in strategic or operational logistics, command and control, and theater deployment and distribution is a plus, but not required.
- All candidates will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation and drug screening per HII requirements.
- Possess an active Secret security clearance.
See Job Description