Joint Theater Logistics Senior Subject Matter Expert JTSS 16786 at HII-TSD Camber Corporation
Posted in Military/Defense 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Camp Smith, Hawaii
JOINT THEATER LOGISTICS SENIOR SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT (SME) JTSS
Huntington Ingalls Industries (Camber Corporation) provides mission-critical engineering and technical service to Information Technology, Federal Civilian, and National Security, Aerospace & Defense and International government and commercial customers at over 100 locations worldwide.
HII-Camber is currently seeking a Joint Theater Logistics Senior Subject Matter Expert JTSS onsite to work out of USPACOM.
Duties and Responsibilities (to include but not be limited to the following):
Position Objectives: To engage throughout the Joint Exercise Life Cycle (JELC) of the No-Notice Agile Logistics Exercise (NNALE) to provide senior level subject matter expertise on the internal and external synchronization and application of theater logistics operations. Support NNALE by supervising study and analysis of theater logistics operations, particularly logistics command and control across the spectrum of all core logistics processes (deployment and distribution, supply, maintenance, logistic services, operational contract support, engineering, and health services) during crisis, contingency, and wartime operations.
Essential Job Functions: Provide strategic planning guidance and support for joint logistics exercises. Shall plan, organize, coordinate, and recommend direction within the logistics support of exercises affecting the current and long-range operations of a Joint Command. Task and supervise two contracted Lean Six Sigma Black Belts, who will plan, coordinate, and implement a series of exercise workshops, studies and analyses in support of the USPACOM NNALE assessment of the steady state and immediate response manning and processes for USPACOM strategic and operational logistics operations. Provide direction and oversight of two contracted Lean Six Sigma Black Belts involvement in the planning of relevant NNALE events to ensure theater/operational logistics strategy and policy support to client. Provide subject matter expertise for strategic and operational planning of full spectrum logistic operations by coordinating requirements, sourcing, and strategic NNALE requirements.
- Provide subject matter expertise in theater logistics operations, particularly with respect to assessment and recommendations for the manning of a steady state, crisis, and contingency/wartime J4 and their internal and external processes and requirements.
- Supervise the development of overarching logistics strategies to support the organization's strategic plan.
- Facilitate the conduct of exercise assessments to identify specific customer requirements for supporting analysis of strategic logistic processes.
- Provide direction and oversight of two Lean Six Sigma Black Belt process engineers in exercise design, assessment, and project development supporting USPACOM’s No-Notice Agile Logistic Exercise (NNALE).
- Attend, participate, and support the planning and execution of meetings, conferences, and exercises in the USPACOM AOR.
- Coordinate with other Defense/Federal agencies, Service Components, and military installations to coordinate exercise support.
- Assist in determining the best possible logistics solutions to support exercises to minimize costs, meet required timelines, and achieve logistics training objectives.
- Assist in identifying and implementing IT tools and systems in support of exercise execution and logistics training and operations.
- May be required to travel within the Pacific AOR. Travel will be reimbursed in accordance with the Joint Travel Regulations.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Military Officer with O-6 level or equivalent civilian experience in senior joint logistics leadership, with experience in theater logistics operations at the geographic combatant command level.
- Individual with experience in senior positions of responsibility in theater military logistics planning and exercise management is a plus. Joint Professional Military Education (JPME) III certification is highly desired.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills. IT skills and competency in utilizing MS Office product (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is a must.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college/university, graduation from a military Senior Service College, or equivalent experience. 10 years of senior leadership experience (two of which earned as military O-6 or civilian equivalent).
- Must possess background experience in joint military logistics or civilian equivalent with senior level experience in theater logistics operations with specific knowledge in logistics command and control across the spectrum of all core logistics.
- Experience shall include planning and executing joint logistics operations at the theater level, joint interagency operations planning, and civil-military operations conducted at the Combatant Command or Service Component level.
- Multi-theater operational or senior staff (Combatant Command, Service Component or Joint Staff) experience is highly desirable.
- Experience with Joint Logistics Enterprise (JLEnt) and JELC is a plus.
- All candidates will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation and drug screening per HII requirements.
- Possess and maintain a Secret (minimum) DoD security clearance.
See Job Description