Posted in Education 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Dallas, Texas
Concorde Career Colleges, Inc. is a nationally recognized for-profit, post-secondary education company providing career training in the field of allied health, and we have an opening for a full-time Respiratory Therapy Program Director at our campus.
1. Responsible for recruiting, orienting and supervising faculty members for the department.
2. During an instructor’s first year of employment, conduct an observation/evaluation two (2) times during the first month, once during months two and three and at six months of employment.
3. Conduct an observation/evaluation at three or six month intervals (at least twice a year) for each faculty member and confer as necessary.
4. Ensure that student evaluations of faculty are completed at the end of each term and summaries submitted to each faculty member.
5. Supervise scheduling and registration of returning students each period.
6. Assist with student orientations.
7. Review the student record for satisfactory progress at the end of each grading term.
8. Ensure that a syllabus, in proper format, is prepared and used for each course offered by the applicable department in accordance with policy #40.S.07.
9. Assist with ongoing review and development of curricula in the department in accordance with policy #40.C.04.
10. Complete and submit assigned reports.
11. Conduct textbook evaluations for each course taught in the department and make suggestions per policy #40.T.03 for changes.
12. Assist the Academic Dean with catalog review.
13. Conduct regular department meetings.
14. Participate in school and/or education meetings as required
15. Substitute Teach as needed.
16. Participate in advisory committee meetings.
17. Participate in self-studies for various accrediting agencies.
18. Revise and update master syllabus for each course in the department ton a continuing basis per policy #40.S.07.
19. Assure department equipment is maintained in proper working order.
20. Coordinate with the Graduate Services Director all information pertaining to the externship placement of students, job openings, potential candidates, and any placement updates.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
• Minimum of four years clinical experience as an RRT.
• Two years experience in a CoArc accredited program as an educator.
• Hold a professional license or certification as required by the state.
The Program Director is responsible for the overall supervision of the students in the respiratory
therapy program, the Respiratory Therapy Director of Clinical Education, the Classroom
Instructors and the Clinical Instructors.
The Program Director must have knowledge of the respiratory therapy field and the clinical
application of the classroom knowledge. The Program Director must have management and
communication skills and the knowledge and ability to judge instructors’ competence. The
position requires a strong attention to detail and a positive professional attitude. The knowledge
and skills of computer applications have become an essential component of performing the
duties required of the Program Director.
See Job Description