Engineering Project Manager at D.R. Horton, Inc.
Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for an Engineering Project Manager. The right candidate will Perform engineering duties in planning and designing during due diligence and land development for new residential construction projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Verifying & Value engineering plans, estimates and bid
- Working with consultants to secure all permits & approvals from municipalities
- Assist land acquisition personnel by studying project concepts to devise strategies for site and product design on potential new acquisitions
- Supervise due diligence for new projects mindful of contractual completion dates
- Oversee the collection of information for new projects and studies the reports, drawings, maps, blueprints, aerial photographs, tests on soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics and related topographical and geologic data
- Create the feasibility reports summarizing physical site conditions and documenting available utilities on each project
- Present recommendations to address site concerns during the preparation of a land plan
- Prepare initial site development budgets
- Provide forecasting to public utility companies for load demands required by new development
- Supervise the utility design process and designate the portions of the builder design for contracting utility installation
- Ability to travel overnight
- Collaborate with the Land Department to manage consulting project engineers in preparation of overall engineering design and obtaining approvals on assigned company projects
- Collaborates with Land Acquisition staff to prepare proforma for corporate approval
D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S., was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website at www.drhorton.com for more information.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Civil Engineering
- Two to four years related experience working as an Engineer and/or training
- Proficiency with MS Office and email
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral form or via DRH applications.
- Ability to sit for majority of 8-hour workday; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance, color vision and peripheral vision
- The noise level is generally moderate
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including:
• Medical, Vision and Dental
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Flex Spending Accounts
• Life Insurance
• Vacation, Sick, Personal Time and Company Holidays
Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, America’s Builder.
Follow us on social media @hortoncareers for an inside look at our company and connect with us on LinkedIn for up to date job listings!
LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram