Housekeeping Houseperson at Waterton
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Framingham, Massachusetts
Founded over a box of Pop-Tarts® in 1995 by David Schwartz and Peter Vilim, Waterton has grown from very humble beginnings with one phone and two desks to the successful, nationally recognized real estate investment and management firm it is today. As Waterton has evolved and grown, one thing has remained constant, the drive to achieve results by exceeding expectations.
Waterton’s values of Service Excellence, Empowerment, Integrity, Passion, Achievement and Teamwork are our guiding principles and they shape who Waterton is as an organization. When you join Waterton, you will learn new skills, acquire knowledge and use these values to help you grow in your career and fulfill your professional goals.
Waterton is committed to the service of our associates, residents, guests and investors and firmly believes that our superior ability to serve our customers differentiates us. We empower our associates to think and act like an owner and use our core values as guiding principles to serve our customers in a way that exceeds their expectations, going above and beyond to create the ultimate service experience or what we call Resitality!
The Housekeeping Houseperson supports and services the room attendants and maintains cleanliness throughout the hotel.
Essential Functions include (but are not limited to):
- Sweep and wash floors, vacuum carpet, wash walls, dust furniture and fixtures and clean ashtrays.
- Remove trash from work areas to the loading dock/dumpster and remove trash and linen from cleaning carts.
- Clean elevator car(s) and tracks.
- Deliver miscellaneous goods and supplies to guest rooms and deliver linen and supplies to guest floors.
- Help to restock room attendant carts and assist room attendants with any additional supply needs on the floors.
- Make up and deliver roll-a-way beds.
- Move furniture, supplies, and equipment.
- Assist in ensuring safety and security within the hotel and reporting any security/maintenance issues appropriately.
- Perform other duties as requested, such as cleaning unexpected spills and executing special guest requests.
- Assist other housekeeping employees in maintaining clean and organized work and public areas.
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Perform any other job duties as assigned.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace (English).
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Possess working knowledge of applicable sanitation standards.
- Must be able to respond to guest and other employee requests quickly and efficiently.
- Must be able to work at a faster-than-average pace.
- Professional demeanor - service oriented.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task, manage time and work well under pressure.
- High school or equivalent education preferred.
- No prior experience required. Previous housekeeping experience within a similar size hotel highly desired.
Hospitality is a 24/7 industry therefore, candidates should anticipate working weekends and holidays as needed.
EOE - M/F/D/V/SO
See Job Description