Program Manager at LCG Inc
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Rockville, Maryland
LCG Inc. is seeking a highly talented Program Manager, who is well versed in overseeing a multi-disciplinary team of Engineers delivering IT Support Services to support an existing federal customer at Department of Health and Human Services. The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing a team of IT Service Desk Engineers, IT Infrastructure Engineers, and IT Security Engineers. Additionally, the candidate will provide both project and portfolio management for the agency working closely with the Office of the CIO. This person will develop and support the organization's strategic direction, as well as creating and managing long-term goals.
As the Program Manager, your main Duties and Responsibility include:
- Direct and facilitate all Portfolio and Program activities in conjunction with all required functional teams and stakeholders.
- Overseeing the program delivery to agreed time, cost, quality and performance parameters.
- Continuous monitoring of Program Cost, Risks, and Quality, and provide course corrections as needed.
- Manage resources, delegate tasks, and provide ongoing leadership and oversight to ensure performance is on schedule and within budget.
- Meeting with stakeholders and maintain transparency regarding project issues and decisions on services.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with all stakeholders, and manage their expectations as well as ensure their accountability
- Experience with assisting senior government leaders such as Chief Information Officers, Program Directors, and Managers providing expert-level support for strategic planning and Capital Planning & Investment Control (CPIC) activities.
- Experience in providing IT Security-related tasks for Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) or Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)
- Use the ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) best-practice framework to enhance processes and procedures for delivering high-quality services that are aligned with business needs and objectives.
- Experience overseeing IT Modernization Initiatives including the development of strategic plans and roadmaps
- Ensures compliance with all IT Systems under NIST/HHS Information Security standards and best practices.
- Ensure problems are identified and resolved promptly to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Hire, lead, motivate, develop, coach/mentor, and manage a high-performing team of project managers
Educational Requirements & Desired Skills
- Bachelor’s in a Scientific or IT related Field with 10+ Years of Experience
- Certified Project Management Professional
- Certified ITIL Practitioner
- Project and Portfolio Management Experience
- Experience providing oversight in one of the following areas:
- Healthcare/Biomedical/Bioinformatics/Pharmaceutical Information Technology Support
- Experience Implementing and overseeing end-to-end IT Service Management
- Desired experience with Agile Kanban Methodologies.
See Job Description