Customer Service Representative - Hospital Operations - Providence Hospital at R1 RCM
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Mobile, Alabama
Shift Days: Mon- Fri; Shift Hours: 8 AM - 4:15 PM
The Customer Service Representative will work with our hospital patients. This is an important role built around whatever impression is left with them from their call to us and how they feel about the hospital client. The customer service team applies the R1 principles of strong people, excellent processes, and effective technology to provide excellent customer service and better patient outcomes. This is a great position for anyone who is passionate about helping others and has the charisma to instantly connect with people.
Customer Service Representatives will work as part of a team of professionals that use analytical and relationship-building skills to process a high level of inbound patient billing inquiries. They will talk with patients like an expert, responding to their needs in a way that satisfies the reason for calling and leaves them with a great experience to tell their friends and family about. When responding to inquiries, they will use professional manner and process knowledge to identify solutions to help resolve patient accounts. This position is supported by strong training and leadership and continuously strives to become a subject matter expert. Success in this role is measured by overall patient satisfaction.
Your day to day role will include:
- Responds promptly to inbound calls from client hospitals regarding billing questions.
- Answers patient inquiries by clarifying desired information.
- Resolves problems by clarifying issues; researching and exploring answers and alternative solutions; implementing solutions; escalating unresolved issues.
- Gathers and enters patient information into hospital host system.
- Directs inbound callers to the appropriate company contact.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent customer service skills exhibiting good oral and written communication skills.
- Moderate computer skills (internet, email, MS Office-ability to work within multiple host systems and company tools.
- Consistent work history.
- Friendly conversation and smiling with face and voice.
It would be great if you also have:
- Call Center experience - Having worked in a call center, candidates who understand what it's like to be tied to a headset and have cadence of their day dictated by callers.
- Medical or insurance background or experience - Being somewhat familiar with insurance concepts and/or medical terminology, makes the Accretive way easier.
- Customer Service experience - Consistent demonstrated success in a service oriented position shows commitment to being a nice person and satisfying customer's needs.