Staff Human Factors Engineer at US01 Illumina, Inc.
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Diego, California
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a member of our team, you will conduct user needs analysis, task flow analysis, usability testing and statistical data analysis. You will participate in projects of moderate to high complexity, managing technical issues to a successful conclusion to minimize complexity of use. You will approach each challenge with the user in mind and work closely with the product development teams to create products that allow our users to safely and enjoyably engage with our systems.
- Take ownership of human factors design, testing and applied research for next-generation sequencing products and services, including user/task flow analysis, process modeling and interface design.
- Exercise independent judgment in development of study methodology, data collection efforts, data analysis, conclusions, and design recommendations.
- Analyze user processes to determine goals and strategies.
- Support various marketing and product development organizations by determining customer needs and requirements and designing user interfaces.
- Plan and execute usability experiments and studies in a variety of user environments.
- Build productive cross-functional relationships.
- Present findings and recommendations clearly and convincingly to teams in a timely manner.
- Lead definition, scope, and creation of HF/UX deliverables.
- Lead HF/UX process improvements and manage HF/UX templates.
- Mentor junior HF/UX team members.
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree or coursework in related field (interaction design, HCI, Human Factors, Applied, Experimental, or Cognitive Psychology)
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to design and execute exploratory field studies, usability evaluations, and lab studies
- Versatility and ability to contribute to broad range of projects.
- Strong understanding of medical device development and regulatory standards (13485, 62366, 14971, FDA).
- Experience with interaction design
- Experience working with enterprise products or software as a service
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-255-5081. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf