Process Control Sr. Engineer at Emerson Electric Co
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Royersford, Pennsylvania
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure. A dynamic environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals. Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Emerson Automation Solutions is actively seeking candidates to fill a Senior Engineer position to perform/lead the design, implementation, testing and startup of Process Control Systems for our clients in the life sciences and related industries. At Emerson, Senior Engineers are key members of a diverse team of professionals developing solutions for our client’s most complex automation challenges. Candidates must have an excellent understanding of batch and continuous process control strategies deployed in the life sciences industry.
Successful Senior Engineers can quickly develop good working relationships with the Emerson project team and client project team. They participate in all phases of a project from requirements definition through plant startup in a collaborative, customer facing role. Additionally, they work closely with the Project Manager and technical team to meet requirements for quality, budget and schedule. Travel to various customer project sites is required.
- Lead or work on a project team responsible for the design, configuration and testing of continuous and batch control strategies.
- Plan, coordinate and review the work of a project team (or a subset of the team).
- Work with customer’s process engineers to develop functional requirements.
- Participate in the start-up of complex systems at the client facility.
- Understand the project scope and financials; identify change orders and justify changes to Project Management.
- Act as a liaison between the internal project team and the client.
- Proactively develop customer relationships; anticipate and provide solutions to customer needs giving high priority to customer satisfaction.
- Participate in the framing and quoting of projects.
- Act as a mentor for individuals within the engineering organization.
25% - 75% travel expected; domestic and international.
- BS in Engineering or Computer Science with minimum 6 years of overall process control engineering experience.
- Minimum 4 years of experience working on complex batch process control projects in the Life Sciences Industry. Experience must include leading all or part of an automation project, working with customers to create functional requirements, designing control strategies and providing startup support at site.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Must have the demonstrated ability to work in a team environment as both a leader and an individual contributor.
- Ability to quickly establish good working relationships with others from all levels of the organization.
- Ability to travel for routine, short-duration (one to two weeks) project meetings, training and other business events.
- Ability to travel for temporary assignments (domestic and international) away from the Emerson home office (e.g. customer project sites.) Typical travel assignments range from two to six months at a time or 25% to 75% of total time per year. Travel for extended assignments greater than one year is possible. (In some cases, periodic return trips home are available during travel assignments.)
- Knowledgeable in FDA validation requirements preferred, including: User Requirement and Design Specs, Business Process Procedures, Design Reviews, Requirements gathering,
- Experience with regulatory/compliance documentation and procedures is a plus
- Biotech/Pharmaceutical experience helpful
- DeltaV experience strongly preferred
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.