IT Support Technician (Temp) at DRS Technologies
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Melbourne, Florida
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services, and support to military forces, intelligence agencies, and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture, which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
Job Location: Melbourne, FL
As an IT Support Technician, you will support and maintain in-house computer systems, desktops, and peripherals. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance. Troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and assistance where required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and maintain in-house computer systems, desktops, and peripherals. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance. Troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and assistance where required
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding PC and/or hardware problems
- Evaluate, prioritize and respond to service requests with a resolution
- Perform analysis and diagnosis of complex PC problems for end users, and recommend and implement solutions
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user workstation software/hardware, networked peripheral devices, and networking software/hardware products
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all IT assets including history of hardware failure, repair, installation and removal
- Construct, install, and test customized configurations based on various platforms and operating systems
- Monitor and test PC performance and provide statistics and reports
- Recommend, schedule, and perform PC, hardware and peripheral equipment improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Maintain communications with end users to ensure systems continually meet business needs
- Perform periodic system maintenance
- Place and escalate vendor service calls when necessary to resolve hardware or software failures
- Conduct research on computer products in support of PC procurement and development efforts. Evaluate and recommend products for purchase
- Write technical specifications for purchase of PCs, networking hardware and related products
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of hardware and equipment contracts and supervise contract-based installations
- Coordinate with end users and technical staff to implement and maintain systems that utilize industry best practices to meet business objectives, while maintaining the security and integrity of the data, system and network
- Generate metrics, project status reports and operating status reports for management and team members
- Provide guidance to less experienced personnel
- Prepare, coordinate and support user training and documentation and provide technical assistance for post-implementation support issues
- Provide service desk and technical support to users
- Perform routine to moderately complex problem analysis and resolution design for systems and applications
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Maintain timely and accurate helpdesk records using the ticket management system
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Protect organization's value by preserving the confidentiality of information
- Associates Degree in Business Administration, Management Information Systems, Mathematics, Industrial Technology, Computer Sciences, a related field, equivalent experience or associate level vendor certification(s)
- Education or knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in troubleshooting and support
- Understanding of principles, methods, and techniques used in all phases of installation, administration and maintenance of IT and business systems and Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS) applications
- Two (2) to five (5) years of directly related experience in IT support
- Successful candidate may be subject to a government sponsored background for possible access to government owned information in addition to any background check that DRS may require for employment
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #CRP