AVP, Public Relations - Media Relations at Chubb
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
The position focuses on global media relations and corporate communications and will report to the Vice President, Global Media Relations and Financial Communication. A key responsibility will be proactive media relations, including pitching, as a member of dedicated PR teams focused on delivering the company’s priority enterprise PR platforms.
- Manage and execute media relations and corporate communications programs with the highest standards and impact
- Be a key member of Chubb enterprise PR teams focused on priority themes, including the company’s digital transformation
- Proactively engage with target media, including top-tier and broadcast outlets, to build a strong network of relationships and generate results
- Help develop and manage social media channels for enterprise PR platforms
- Support external corporate communications initiatives, including the company’s environmental, social and governance (ESG) programs
- Undergraduate degree, preferably with a major or concentration in Journalism/Communications/English or related liberal arts major
- 5-7 years of public relations experience in a PR agency or in-house PR role, with proven results generating top-tier media results
- Excellent written and editing skills
- Analytical thinker who can craft clear messages and storylines from complex issues
- Fluency with key media channels – traditional, online, social media
- Knowledge of core media/social media measurement, monitoring and targeting tools
- A well-developed news sense – the ability to determine what’s a story and what stories are likely to have legs
- A creative approach to developing story ideas and pitches
- Proven track record of generating media results
- Results-oriented with good judgment, planning and analytical skills
- Hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves work style
- A self-starter who is detail oriented and deadline focused
- Collegial and able to collaborate well with colleagues across the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to interact professionally with senior levels of management and collaborate within and outside of the communications/marketing team
- Can work productively as a team player in a matrixed organization
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.