Product Specialist at Guild Mortgage Company
Posted in General Business 6 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Diego, California
Guild Mortgage Company, closing loans and opening doors since 1960. As a mortgage banking firm we are dedicated to serving the home owner/buyer. Our goal is to provide affordable home financing for our customers, utilizing the best terms available while providing a level of professionalism and service unsurpassed in the lending industry.
The Product Specialist plays an important role in the organization by performing a number of activities related to the company’s Capital Market and Sales functions. The role is primarily responsible, under general to intermittent supervision, for working to disseminate product/program information, providing detailed scenario assistance, and live and web-based training. Part of this role is to proactively partner with originators and Guild branches to identify product needs, then strategically train to address sales opportunities. The Product Specialist serves as a subject matter expert and internal support resource for Guild mortgage products and possesses the flexibility necessary to provide live support across multiple time zones in the US on multiple occasions per month.
- Provide customer service to Retail and Correspondent origination staff related to general product questions, resolving inquiries related to pricing, eligibility, lock policy, and loan scenarios.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of company product and processes.
- Display continual strong collaboration both within the product team as well as across multiple Guild business channels.
- Assist Loan Officers in identifying specific products that best fit individual borrower needs.
- Serve as feedback conduit from field to headquarters regarding strengths and weaknesses of existing product offerings and processes; identify areas of improvement, recommend solutions, etc.
- Take every opportunity to both proactively and reactively assist in educating the field on new product offerings and enhancements; help manage new product/product change roll out announcements and other internal communications related to area of expertise.
- Present and promote webinars related to products as needed.
- Be knowledgeable of top Loan Officer and branch challenges and opportunities, then present and promote webinars related to products strategically and as needed. In addition to events of Training Calendar, the expectation is at least 2 live presentations per month per region as assigned.
- Assist in the marketing of products; help create marketing materials, and aid in the reviewing and editing of product-related advertisements for the Compliance department.
- Stay abreast of changes and trends related to products; make recommendations to product and process updates/changes related to knowledge.
- Consistently lead by example with driven proactive engagements and superior services with all origination staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, along with a minimum of five years total experience in underwriting, origination, or mortgage product management related role(s) required.
- Prior experience coaching Loan Officers through loan scenarios strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of GSE, Agency, and/or private correspondent mortgage investors, including non-agency and mortgage insurance.
- Expert-level understanding of the intricacies of mortgage product guidelines, process, and pricing.
- Experience with affordable lending products, especially those offered by Housing Finance Agencies.
- Passionate about delivering excellence in customer service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities.
- Ability to act as a team player, eliminating silos and effectively working with others.
- Strong critical thinking skills with an eye for strengthening and/or improving processes.
- Proficiency with data entry, PDF software programs, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Ethical, with a commitment to company values.
- General to intermittent supervision required, depending on experience
- Applies sound judgment in execution of core job responsibilities, thinks critically regarding the downstream impact of decisions
- Travel: 10 – 20%
Physical: Work is primarily sedentary; mobility in an office setting.
Manual Dexterity: Frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse.
Audio/Visual: Ability to accurately interpret sounds and associated meanings at a volume consistent with interpersonal conversation. Regularly required to accurately perceive, distinguish and interpret information received visually and through audio; e.g., words, numbers and other data broadcasted aloud/viewed on a screen, as well as print and other media.
Environmental: Office environment – no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Guild offers a pleasant work environment, competitive compensation and excellent benefits package; including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, LTD and 401(k) with employer match.
Guild Mortgage Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
See job description