Posted in Education 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Bernardino, California
Purpose and Description:
The purpose of the Respiratory Therapy Director of Clinical Education is to insure clinical sites for the educational experiences of the respiratory therapy students. It is the responsibility of the Director of Clinical Education to prepare the students for their clinical experience with lab practice, classroom lectures and scheduling of physicals for clinical placement.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Scheduling/Coordination of student clinical and lab hours.
2. Scheduling of clinical instructors at clinical sites.
3. Monthly verification that students have met their clinical objectives.
4. Maintenance of documented quarterly communications with all clinical affiliates, via a simple open newsletter or the like, to relay important clinical information, (i.e.: upcoming schedule changes, testing, documentation, etc.).
5. Assist with pre-clinical classroom and other instruction assignments.
6. Help to obtain new clinical affiliates as required by the program.
7. Inventory, procure equipment/supplies, and assure readiness of the clinical laboratory. Report all broken, defective or needed equipment to Program Director and the Academic Dean immediately and suggest remedy.
8. Document visits to all clinical sites on a regularly scheduled basis as approved by the Program Director.
9. Audit student weekly clinical sites on a regularly scheduled basis as approved by the Program Director.
10. Score student’s oral examinations.
11. Attend all local R.T. society and other Respiratory Care community functions when not conflicting with school duties.
12. Attend all program graduation ceremonies.
13. Process students’ physical examination reports to assure compliance.
14. Be available in person, by phone or other methods of communication at anytime a student is in clinic, to solve problems as they arise.
15. Assist the Program Director with any assigned projects.
The Respiratory Therapy Director of Clinical Education is responsible for the supervision of the students in his/her classroom and the students at the clinical sites/laboratory. The Respiratory Therapy Director of Clinical Education is responsible for scheduling and supervising the clinical instructors so that the clinical students are all seen as required by the program. In the absence of the Program Director, the Respiratory Therapy Director of Clinical Education assumes the Program Director’s duties and responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
The Respiratory Therapy Director of Clinical Education must have knowledge of the respiratory field and the clinical application of the classroom knowledge. The Respiratory Therapy Director of Clinical Education must have problem solving skills with critical thinking a major component of his/her ability. Organization and time management skills are required. The knowledge and skills of computer applications have become an essential component of performing the duties required of the Respiratory Therapy Director of Clinical Education.
1. Four years experience as an educator for an approved CoARC campus.
2. Minimum of four years clinical experience as an RRT
3. Minimum of a BS or BA degree.
4. Hold a professional license or certification as required by the state.
See Job Description