Senior Oracle Database Administrator at XPO Logistics Worldwide, Inc.
Posted in Information Technology 7 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Portland, Oregon
Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we know that cutting-edge technology drives our success—and we want to put you behind the wheel. As the Database Administrator Senior - Oracle, you will support all aspects of Oracle (11g or 12c) databases in all operating environments to provide for the accessibility, security, and integrity of company data. You will be part of a team that provides 24/7/365 global Oracle DBA services to users and technical teams. If you’re ready for the challenge of working for a global company, XPO has an opportunity to grow your career.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability, and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Support development teams with technical and physical design, development, and maintenance of Oracle Server databases including data analysis and modeling, programming, implementation, performance monitoring, tuning, cloning/refreshing, planning, problem resolution, and data dictionary administration
- Install, upgrade, and patch database software, agents, utilities, and options
- Collaborate with development teams on use of standard practices for the design and implementation of databases to meet user application requirements
- Maintain test tools for managing Oracle objects and diagnosing problems
- Evaluate and test new versions of Oracle, as well as third-party vendor utilities and reporting tools used to support Oracle
- Execute test and audit strategies for backup, security, and disaster recovery of Oracle Server Databases and other systems
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- 7 years of experience focused on Oracle DBA administration in medium to large corporate environments
- Experience with one or more Unix/Linux server from various vendors (Oracle, HP, IBM, etc.); hardware installation requirements for mid-range system; database performance monitoring and capacity planning; OS functions and capabilities; familiarity with UNIX scheduling, archive/backup management, file transfer protocols and editors
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Visio; ability to quickly learn and achieve proficiency in new software applications
- Availability to provide 24/7 rotational support in a multifaceted global corporation
It’d be great if you also have:
- Oracle OCP level knowledge and certification
- Experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager and Oracle Golden Gate deployment
- ITIL knowledge, certification, and work experience in a process-oriented environment
- Experience working with offshore Database Administration Outsourcing (DBA)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to present clean, organized, and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with a broad range of end-user configurations
- Strong project and time management skills with ability to multitask and prioritize workloads
- Demonstrated analytical capabilities; effectively identify and resolve problems in high-visibility and high-stress situations
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.