Optical Lab Technicians at National Vision, Inc.
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: SAUK RAPIDS, Minnesota
Position Description :
At National Vision, we believe everyone deserves to see their best to live their best. We help people by making quality eye care and eyewear more affordable and accessible.
National Vision, Inc. (NVI) is one of the largest optical retailers in the United States. We offer an innovative culture where training is a priority, hard work is praised, and career growth is a reality.
Right now we're looking for a Optical Lab Technician to join our growing team. Entry-level Surface associate who is responsible for performing any of the various tasks within the Surface department. May not be able to meet expectations performing ALL tasks below and/or may specialize in only specific tasks listed.
What would you do? - The Specifics
- Backside Coating - Make sure lens is clean, spray lens with alcohol, wipe it and load it into machines.
- Blocking - Inspect lens, choose right color block, line up lens on grid, and put lens in correct tray.
- Generating - Scan trays, load correct (R or L) lens into a chuck, press start, then put lens in correct tray.
- Lens Washing - Take lens off block, rinse lens, wash and dry lens to remove debris from lens.
- Polishing - Load lenses into chuck, press start, machine will polish lens for clarity.
- Tool pulling - Pull tools off a rack and put them into a tray.
- Fining - Place tools on machine, put in corresponding fining pad, place lens on machine and sand the lens.
- Taping - Place lens in machine, machine tapes lenses and then take lens out.
- Beveling - Bevel lenses to remove sharp edges.
- Block prep - Peel wax off block, sort blocks in baskets, dry wax, clean and air dry blocks.
- Pad Peeling - Peel pads off after fining, put on polish pads, help take jobs off polishers, and help with tools.
- Deblocking - Separate the free-bond or alloy base holding device from each lens.
Position Requirements :
- No specific education level required.
- No specific experience level required.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed and uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Occasionally to frequently lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighting 0 - 25lbs.
- Continuous walking, standing and moving about.
- Occasional squatting, bending and twisting of neck and waist.
- Frequent repetitive use of hands and fingers are required, which include grasping, fine manipulation, and static gripping.
- Requires reaching with hands and arms above and below shoulder level.
- Protective eyewear must be worn in all manufacturing and stockroom areas.
What are the benefits? National Vision offers a competitive benefits package including Health and Dental Insurance, 401k with company match, Flex Spending Account, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Personal Time Off, and much more. Please see our website www.nationalvision.com to learn more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.