Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Physical Therapist Assistant
Job Code: 1488
The Physical Therapist Assistant provides direct therapy procedures and interventions under the General/Direct supervision of a licensed Physical Therapist based on placement of service. This position requires population specific competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Physical Therapy Assistant responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Assesses patient performance commensurate with their training and qualifications.
* Recommends equipment or alteration to architectural barriers to the therapist of record for their respective discipline.
* May act as clinical instructor and or assist with orientation of new employees or volunteers.
* Is responsible for therapeutic exercise, functional training related to physical movement and mobility in self-care and home management, functional training related to physical movement and mobility in community and work, manual therapy techniques, prescription, application, and fabrication of devices and equipment, airway clearance techniques, wound management, and electrotherapeutic modalities
* Educates of persons served and other stakeholders.
* Communicates and documents treatment and appropriate charges for treatment per policy and procedure.
*Demonstrates time management skills. Offers assistance to other therapist staff if caseload is unbalanced. Respects the right of those in authority to make decisions and complies with those decisions. Assists in planning, implementing and evaluating department performance
Reports to the Therapist delegating a patient and the assigned Manager Director..
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Constantly; activity exits up to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): No
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Moderate exposure to hazardous risks, including potential for exposure to infections, communicable diseases, blood and body fluids, mechanical and electrical equipment, variety of chemicals, and sharp equipment (debridement, splinting, and kitchen equipment). Potential for bodily injury related to lifting and cumulative stress.
Potential for workplace violence (agitated, confused, combative patients, angry family members). Must follow universal safety precautions.
Frequent exposure to hydrocollator. Moderate to frequent exposure to oven, stove, microwave, and heat gun depending on venue of care.
May be exposed to constant interruptions, noise, disagreeable odors, and assorted chemicals.
Must cope with high case loads and multiple demands. May float to other units. May be required to be on call status, work weekends, or flex schedule.
Required to work with wheelchairs, walkers, and other rehab equipment on a daily basis. Frequent exposure to grease, tools, equipment with sharp edges, and lifting of equipment.
Frequent exposure to pool chemicals. Frequent exposure to heat and humidity in pool area.
Community re-entry and Home Evaluations:
Exposed to traffic and weather conditions while riding or driving with patients in vehicle. Potential for high stress level. Potential for involvement in accidents involving property damage, injury and even death. Frequent exposure to weather extremes.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* Associates Degree from an accredited school or university
* Current Oklahoma Physical Therapy Assistant license OR be eligible for license in the state of Oklahoma AND able to practice under the Oklahoma Physical Therapy Practice Act. Must have completed licensure by 6 months after initial temporary license is issued.
* Current BLS or CPR certification upon hire or completion within 30 days of hire required
* Experience is preferred.
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English (verbal/written).
* Current BLS or CPR certification upon hire or completion within 30 days of hire required.