Payer Relations Lead at Heartland Dental
Posted in Management 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Effingham, Illinois
Payer Relations Lead, Payer Relations Department
Do you have excellent customer service and communication skills? Do you like working with a team to accomplish high level goals? If so, we should talk! Our department is growing to expand the dental payer support to 1,400 doctors and their office teams in the nation's largest Dental Service Organization.
We are looking for a team member who thrives on learning, collaborating and relationship building. As a Payer Relations Lead, your role includes conducting research and making recommendations of insurance/payer contract enrollment to our supported doctors. You will also help implement and roll out payer contract updates across the supported offices, and manage payer contract programs to ensure strong support of payer relationships.
Heartland Dental proudly supports 800+ dental offices and more than 10,000 team members across the country. We are hard-working, fun-loving and fast-growing - looking for our next perfect fit!
To give you an idea of the team structure, you will work within the Payer Relations Department, reporting to the VP or Sr. Director of Payer Relations.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree
- 3-5+ years of relevant work experience with payer relationship/network support
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to interact with co-workers in a collegial manner to accomplish common tasks
- High level of maturity, personal initiative, and sound judgment
- Strong work ethic
- Healthcare and/or dental industry experiences
We put our people first at Heartland Dental, and that shows in our generous benefits package.
Company retains the sole discretion to change the duties of the position at any time. We provide all employees and applicants for employment the protections of federal, state, and local laws affording equal opportunity in employment.
Below is an overview of the duties and responsibilities you would take on in this role:
- Research and analyze both existing and new payer contract terms, obligations and advantages/disadvantages of doctor enrollment
- Collaborate with the Legal Department and Dental Insurance Administration Department to manage the contract terms and obligations of enrolled doctors.
- Recommend payer contract enrollments to supported doctors and initiate accordingly.
- Manage the implementation of payer contracts to ensure consistency of doctor enrollment within regions/states.
- Build and develop relationships with dental insurance payer representatives.
- Manage payer contract updates and programs.
- Collaborate with other Heartland departments and team members to ensure contract updates and programs are implemented accurately and timely.