Practice Manager - Austin, TX at Heartland Dental
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Austin, Texas
Do you thrive in a fast-paced, progressive environment? Are you looking to evolve as a leader, learning from those around you? The role of Practice Manager could be for you!
Heartland Dental is looking for a reliable, hard-working individual to provide supervisory support for 1 -2 of our supported offices. In this entry-level management position, you'll utilize your team-building and communication skills to their fullest. The right candidate will be organized and have the skills necessary to multitask effectively and efficiently. You'll be a key point of contact for dental team members, while acting as liaison between the supported office and our Home Office. Therefore, this position is especially important for ensuring messages are delivered to the supported office team in a timely and consistent manner.
In addition to exceptional communication and organizational skills, the ideal applicant will lead in a positive, yet productive way. He or she must have the ability to thrive under pressure and work well with others. This role helps shape the dynamic of the supported office.
This position reports to the Regional Manager of Operations and partners directly with the
supported dentist(s) of the practice.
To learn more about Heartland Dental's support, please visit our website .
Skills & Qualifications
- Associate degree with 3+ years of relevant experience OR Bachelor degree with at least 1 year of relevant experience.
- Prior supervisory or shift management experience preferred
- Prior experience with dental management software (Dentrix) preferred
- Monthly travel required, sometimes including flights and overnight stays
- Experience reading and acting on financial reporting (e.g. Profit & Loss statements) preferred
- Medical and prescription drug insurance.
- Free dental services for you and your dependents (minus lab fees).
- Vision care support.
- Life insurance.
- 401(K) retirement plan.
- 6 paid holidays.
- Team-focused, uplifting and educational work culture.
- Potential for up to 2 weeks vacation time.
Heartland Dental provides all employees and applicants for employment the protections of federal, state, and local laws affording equal opportunity in employment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead by example and coach team to provide exceptional patient experiences.
- Maintain focus on a productive schedule that supports dentists and hygienists as they deliver high quality patient care and exceptional experiences.
- Work within budget guidelines to maintain supported office profitability.
- Manage accounts receivables including timely and accurate insurance claim processing and patient billing.
- Assist patients with applying for credit and other financial assistance.
- Coordinate daily team huddles, weekly team meetings and quarterly practice business meetings.
- Provide ongoing feedback, training and annual performance & salary reviews for team members within the practice.
- Serve as the point person for office management duties including:
- Office cleaning and maintenance
- Verify practice invoices
- Verify and submit payroll
- Clinical and non-clinical supplies ordering
- Schedule team members to ensure adequate shift coverage and facilitate requests for time off.
- Serve as the liaison between Heartland Dental headquarters (Home Office)departments, including:
- Human Resources
- Accounts Payable
- Employee Relations
- Maintain protocols and guidelines as they relate to patient privacy (HIPAA) and team member safety (OSHA).
- Assist in the interviewing, on-boarding and training of new hires.