FLOORHAND at Nabors
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Casper, Wyoming
Nabors owns and operates the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and has one of the largest completion services and workover and well servicing rig fleets in North America. Our company is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the U.S. and multiple international markets. Nabors provides innovative drilling technology and equipment, directional drilling and comprehensive oilfield services in most of the significant oil and gas markets in the world.
The job of the Floorhand is to safely and efficiently perform all manual labor tasks on the drilling floor and B.O.P. area. The Floorhand works under the direction/supervision of the Driller, but reports directly to the Rig Manager.
Key Relevant Tasks:
- Operating of the tongs and slips to connect and dis-connect drill pipe, tubulars, casing and drill bits or tools
- Performing all maintenance of the equipment and physical space of the drill floor
- Rig up and down procedures, nipple up and down and care of the B.O.P. system
- Monitoring and operation of the shakers
- Assisting the Derrickhand within the mud pit, mud pump and chemical sack rooms
- Performing housekeeping activities on the drill floor including washing, chipping and painting
- Assist the Motorman with offloading / back loading supplies, equipment, pipe, etc
- When trained, relieve the Derrickhand in the derrick
- Attention span to stay alert and attentive for up to 12 hour tour while performing sometimes repetitive and monotonous tasks
- Able to works 7 or 14 days on and 7 or 14 days off, including holidays, weekends and or days and nights.
- Able to receive verbal and written instructions
- Must be able to stand and walk for a minimum of 4 hours at any one time, including standing and walking on steel decking as well as gravel, board roads and mud, snow and ice
- Must be able to repetitively lift and carry items weighing upwards of 60 lbs up and down stairs, repetitively swing 20 lbs sledge hammers as well as torque on wrenches / open / close valves requiring upwards of 160 lbs of torque
- Repetitively be able to lift / carry 100 lbs sacks, pull drill slips with another employee(200 lbs), latch / unlatch tongs as well as rack back drill pipe continually throughout the 12 hour tour
- Able to bend, stoop, kneel, twist, and crawl throughout the tour work shift while wearing Personal Protective Equipment at all times
- Listen for unusual noises that signify equipment and machinery problems
- Other duties as required by the Driller, Derrickhand or Rig Manager