Technician at IPG PHOTONICS CORPORATION
Posted in Management 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Marlborough, Massachusetts
The laser systems group manufactures complex laser processing systems. Critical components of these systems are optics and optical assemblies.
• Assembly of precision opto-mechanical and optical sub-assemblies
• Inspection and serialization of incoming and outgoing optics.
• Testing of optical assemblies to ensure compliance to defined standards.
• Supplements Precision Assembly work center during periods of insufficient capacity
• Assists in the generation of new product or sub-assembly documentation and work instructions
• Provides feedback to engineering regarding errors or omissions in existing documentation
• Disposes of obsolete documentation when job is complete.
• Assists in the completion of ERP work order paperwork for proper processing and costing of jobs
• Technical school graduate or equivalent experience
• Competent in the use of optical measurement tools, gauges, and meters.
• Craftsman skill level with assembly hand tools and light power tools.
• Neat, accurate, and consistent work.
• Works well independently and assumes responsibility for own work.
• Attention to detail and ability to retain communicated information.
• Appropriate communication skills to convey information to other associates and supervisors.
• Understands when to request guidance from superiors and proper chain of command.