Facilities Engineer - Phoenix at Federal Reserve Bank (FRB)
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Facilities Engineer - Phoenix
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco believes in the diversity of our people, ideas, and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive culture that is representative of the communities we serve.
The Facilities Engineer reports to the Engineering Manager and shall perform such duties as may be consistent with the functions of a Facilities Engineer. Oversees, directs and performs maintenance service, inspection or repairs in HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, painting and plastering, welding, locks, door hardware, electrical/electronic repairs and installations. Responsible for assisting other skilled trades with construction, furniture moving, maintenance, repair, and preparation/cleanup work and/or independently performing work involving routine and minor maintenance and repair of buildings, equipment, fixtures, etc. May operate calibration or test equipment, meters, power tools, pipe cutters, stationary shop tools, spray equipment, forklifts, soldering and welding equipment, refrigeration service equipment and various other hand or power tools. Consults on various construction projects and may represent the District as an Engineering expert on various work groups as assigned from time to time. Maintains clean work areas. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures. Requisitions new supplies and equipment as approved. May be required to respond to an emergency situation within the building and will participate in a rotating on-call for off-hours emergencies. Supports Division and Department development objectives to ensure the Bank`s business needs are met, remains flexible, encourages and participates in a teamwork environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for supervising, directing and participating in the installation, operation, maintenance and repair of applicable electrical equipment, HVAC equipment, building control systems, systems involving electric and pneumatic air flow, water flow, gas/electric heating and cooling equipment, valves, apparatus and lines used in the distribution of heated, chilled or processed water, computerized building management system, variable frequency drive units, cameras, monitors, card-access system for turnstiles, doors etc., fire/life safety systems, radio communication equipment and Computerized Maintenance Management System
- Responsible for troubleshooting, maintenance, repairs and operations of specialty building electrical and mechanical systems including fire suppression, kitchen equipment, custodial equipment, drinking fountains, conveyors, currency residue transport/compaction system, currency transport units, vault mechanical components, side-reach lifts and other related equipment
- Directs, oversees and/or performs all preventive maintenance, equipment and space inspections as assigned
- Adheres to industry safety practices during the performance of all work.
- Oversees, directs and performs inspections, corrective and preventive maintenance of the facility components including water, electrical, and ventilation systems, ceilings, lighting, flooring, walls, doors, hardware and other apparatus
- May direct others and participate in responding to Bank employees and other building staff needs through written requests and direction of management
- Responsible for a high level of cleanliness in all work areas, e.g. electricaland mechanical spaces, building services shops, cubicles and storage locations
- Contacts and performs walkthroughs with vendors, engineers, architects and contractors for cost estimates, makes recommendations for and oversees building repairs, upgrades or maintenance as directed by management
- Responsible for the performance or assists with minor plumbing, carpentry, painting and plastering, machine servicing, system (modular) furniture moving and installations, electrical repairs and installations as assigned
- Responsible for time and material records and assists coworkers, custodial personnel and/or contractors as assigned
- Researches building systems and makes recommendations to Facilities Manager for energy improvements, modernization, equipment replacement or upgrades
- Maintains, through progressive education and investigation, a personal awareness and familiarity of current state-of the-art building operations and equipment and makes suggestions for upgrades and improvements to the Facilities Manager as appropriate
- Develops understanding of One Bank Program and models associated behaviors
- O ther duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- A bility to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Must be comfortable using a personal computer operating in a Windows-based environment and be comfortable working in Word and Excel
- Familiarity with a CMMS program desirable
Work Experience, Education, Licensing, Certification & Project Management can be combined and/or substituted in any combination to allow the Bank to hire the candidate with the best overall skillset. The following are examples that may be applicable, others considered.
- High level plumbing skills (pipe replacement)
- High level HVAC installation skills (VAV and ducting installation)
- CFC/EPA Universal Certification
- Licensed Electrician and/or Licensed Electrical Contractor
- High Rise Fire Safety Certification San Francisco
- Haz-Mat Certification or Instructor's License
- Manufacturer's HVAC Certifications (Various HVAC and/or BAS Controls Related Topics)
- BAS Certifications (BACnet)
- C36 Plumbing Contractor's License
- Type L fire pump certification
- Project Management
- Knowledge of Edwards EST3 fire panels
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.