Regional Vice President of Field Marketing & Underwriting at Amerisure Insurance Company
Posted in Management 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Duluth, Georgia
WHEN APPLYING PLEASE USE A WEB BROWSER OTHER THAN INTERNET EXPLORER IF YOU ENCOUNTER ISSUES (CHROME, FIREFOX, SAFARI, ETC.)
Amerisure is an insurance organization charged with creating exceptional value for its Partners For Success® agencies, employees and policyholders. As a property and casualty insurance company, Amerisure’s promise to our partner agencies and policyholders begins with a comprehensive line of insurance products designed to protect businesses, as well as the health and safety of every employee. Amerisure is an A.M. Best “A” (excellent) rated company and services mid-sized commercial enterprises focused in construction, manufacturing and healthcare. We are ranked as one of the top 100 Property & Casualty companies in the United States, with more than $835 million in Direct Written Premium and $937 million in surplus.
Amerisure is currently recruiting for a Regional Vice President of Field Marketing & Underwriting to support our Agents and Core Service Centers in the Central region, including Atlanta, Charlotte, Richmond and Memphis. The role may sit remotely within that region. The ideal candidate will possess the following skill set.
Executes Amerisure’s agency driven strategy by leading underwriting operations, relationship management activities, and talent management responsibilities within an assigned region. Responsible for the achievement of underwriting business results within assigned region, designed to support the company’s strategic and operational objectives. Acts as the voice of the agency to guide the organization’s decisions and actions in meeting their customers’ needs.
Essential Tasks/Major Duties
- Lead and direct staff in area of responsibility with an emphasis on talent management and succession planning in accordance with the company’s strategic direction.
- Direct regional planning activities, including profitability, premium, expense budgets, and agency business plans; monitor progress, provide reports to internal and external business partners, and implement necessary corrective action, in collaboration with internal business leaders.
- Manage underwriting and relationship management authorities within assigned region to ensure teams are empowered to make appropriate underwriting decisions, deliver superior service, and develop powerful connections with key agency personnel.
- Execute policies and procedures that enable the company to realize strategic and operational objectives, in collaboration with internal business partners.
- Manage financial and operational controls effectively to avoid fraud and/or material misstatement within the company’s financial statements.
- Lead regional planning and execute organization’s operational plan within assigned region.
- Communicate organizational and regional strategies and operational objectives to employees and agency partners.
- Manage regional distribution to ensure achievement of goals and alignment with strategy and operational programs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work related experience.
- 7 years leadership experience in commercial lines underwriting
- 10 years of experience in insurance industry (claims, underwriting, loss control; field)
- Demonstrated success cultivating and maintaining business relationships with key customers to support goals and objectives.
- Designations such as CIC, CPCU, and AU preferred.
- Proficient computer skills required including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated successful ability to build positive relationships and partnerships within department, across the organization and with external customers.
- Ability to think strategically with supporting analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with internal and external customers.
- Ability to influence and persuade others.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to function in a fast paced, highly visible, and changing environment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Ability to travel up to 40%.
WHEN APPLYING PLEASE USE A WEB BROWSER OTHER THAN INTERNET EXPLORER SUCH AS CHROME, FIREFOX, ETC.
Just as we are committed to creating exceptional value for our Partners For Success® agencies and policyholders, Amerisure also remains committed to being an employer of choice. We reinforce this commitment by adhering to an Employee Value Proposition that, in part, is provided through a competitive total rewards package. Amerisure offers a Compensation & Benefits Package that includes competitive base pay, performance based incentive pay, comprehensive health & welfare benefits, 401(k) savings plan, and profit sharing. In addition to generous paid time off programs, we allow our employees flexible and remote work arrangements. If you strive for excellence and are committed to personal and professional growth, Amerisure is looking for you.
Amerisure Insurance provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Amerisure Insurance complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Amerisure Insurance expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Amerisure’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
- 7 years leadership experience in commercial lines underwriting, including managing other managers.
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Successful track record driving business and growth.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to grow talent.