Medical Assistant II (Orthopedics) at The Nemours Foundation
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Pensacola, Florida
As one of the nation’s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.Nemours is seeking a Medical Assistant II, FULL-TIME to join our team in Pensacola, Florida.
With clinic locations in Pensacola and Destin, Fla., Nemours provides pediatric specialty care to children and families in northwest Florida and southern Alabama. We offer comprehensive, family-centered care in more than 30 pediatric specialties with several of our physicians regularly named among the “Best Doctors in America®.
The Medical Assistant II (MA II) is an important liaison between the patient/family, provider, and other care team members. The Medical Assistant II will coordinate patient flow, review charts and update with most current information, ensure the appropriate paperwork accompanies the patient to the room and enter pertinent history in the medical record. The MA II performs clinical procedures in accordance with divisional responsibilities, as directed by physician, and per protocol. The MA II acts as a resource and provides cross coverage as needed as well as serves as a coach and mentor to new medical assistant associates.
The MA II performs job related tasks with advanced knowledge and displays an educated understanding of their medical specialty. Demonstrates the ability to collaborate with direct supervisor/manager and physician to resolve issues or concern within the department involving both patient and non-patient situations. Enters approved protocol/standing orders for labs and imaging in accordance with approved departmental procedures and as directed by provider.
- Deliver excellent customer service to the patients/families and other care providers. Focusing on family-centered care.
- Demonstrates proficiency in entering radiology and lab orders as directed by physician and in accordance with approved protocols/standing orders.
- Room patients ensuring appropriate documents are with the patient, up to and including required diagnostic reports.
- Perform the following in accordance with divisional responsibilities, as directed by physician, and per protocol.
Performing clinical procedures, to include but not limited to the following:
- performing aseptic procedures
- taking vital signs
- preparing patients for the provider’s care
- performing venipunctures and non-intravenous injections
- observing and reporting patient’s signs and symptoms
- Administering basic first aid.
- Assisting with patient examination/treatment.
- Operate required medical equipment
- Perform and collect routine laboratory specimens
- Administering medication
- Perform office procedures including all general administrative duties as required (i.e. scanning, filing, faxing).
- Act as a liaison between support services and other clinical divisions.
- Clean, prepare and stock exam, treatment and medication rooms for daily activity.
- Obtain authorizations according to the patient’s insurance policy for any tests, therapies, DME, etc. ordered by the provider.
- Act as a backup to other medical assistants needed. This is to include all clinics locations.
- Additional miscellaneous duties and responsibilities, as may be assigned from time to time by employee’s manager.
- High School Diploma required
- Specialized (1 year of training beyond high school) required
BLS Certification within three months of employment and continue to maintain current BLS
Medical Assistant Certification required upon hire and continue to maintain current ceritfication
- Minimum of 3 months experience required
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique “Bridge to a Healthy Future” pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.