Sr. Buyer at Emerson Electric Co
Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Houston, Texas
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure. A dynamic environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals. Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Primary Objective of Position:
Under minimal direct supervision, the Senior Buyer procures direct material and manages inventory levels to meet individual and department goals. Represents the Procurement group in working with with other functional groups on critical customer orders requiring urgent follow-up. Takes on higher level responsibilities to support the day to day activities of the Procurement Manager.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
· Analyze material requirement planning (MRP) recommendations and place purchase orders
· Initiate the timely resolution of all issues that may arise with material including delivery, expediting, receiving, quality rejections, invoicing, BOM accuracy and MRP issues
· Communicate material promise dates and changes to planning and project managers while keeping dates current in Oracle
· Understand and implement inventory practices to drive inventory reductions and ITO improvement
· Monitor and work to improve supplier on-time performance. Participate in supplier reviews
· Process non-conforming material, obtain supplier credits and inform planning on schedule changes
· Support design changes and assist with implementation of new products and engineering changes
· Communicate activities effectively with suppliers, internal customers, corporate partners, management and others in the association with Daniel Supply Chain group
· Support the project management group with material planning, expediting and project coordination
· Provide purchasing team leadership by suggesting process improvements, providing buyer assistance and independently resolving issues
· Use continuous improvement tools to affect improvements in Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
· Benchmark world-class performance and develop, initiate and implement plans for improving procurement performance
· Mentor other procurement personnel as required, ensuring appropriate individual coaching and development
Education / Experience / Language skills required:
· Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or other related discipline
· 10+ years of Buyer experience in a large-scale mechanical manufacturing environment
· Strong MRP background (Oracle preferred)
· Professional certification (C.P.M. or APICS) or equivalent is a plus
Other Skills and Abilities:
· Organizational and analytical skills
· Ability to work effectively with all levels of management. To facilitate accomplishment of mutual goals
· Strong oral and written communication skills with ability to communicate with suppliers in other countries
· Ability to comprehend and interpret engineering drawings, quality systems requirements and customer specifications
· Ability to understand component requirements and communicate requirements to suppliers
· Ability to project a positive and professional image on behalf of the organization
· Possess sufficient oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively with suppliers and all levels of staff throughout the organization
· Ability to solve problems independently
· Solid personal computer skills with strong capability with Microsoft Office products; Excel, Word and PowerPoint
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to email@example.com.