Test Technician II at DRS Technologies
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Dallas, Texas
LEONARDO DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture that rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
LEONARDO DRS Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. We develop, manufacture, and support infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world’s brightest. Supporting the world’s bravest.
Support engineering by performing product calibration, test and training
Basic Qualifications and Required Skills
- Education: Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience: 2+ years of experience
- Must posess a Secret security clearance
- Experience handling small delicate components, using ESD practices
- Must demonstrate strong decision- making and leadership skills
- Computer literate and skilled in use of MS Office
- Ability to work with minimum direction/supervision, regular reporting of progress and status
- Experience with optical table and test equipment
- Previous manufacturing experience
- Able to work in a team environment as well as independently
- AS Degree in electronics, chemistry, material science, or related discipline
- Preferred system test experience
- Experience with Oscilloscopes, generators, and power meters
- Familiar with environmental testing to include vibration and temperature
- Optics and Laser experience are a plus
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to engineers and scientist on complex components, devices, material, products, processes and/or equipment
- Use optical, mechanical, and electrical tools and test equipment for measurement, alignment, and testing
- Work from complex wiring and assembly drawings, operation sheets, engineering specifications and sketches and running sheets of significant complexity
- Interpret and follow written documents such as SOP’s and safety rules
- Ensure compliance with all safety and regulatory requirements applicable to the company in accordance with State and Federal regulations and any applicable certification required to maintain the certification.
- Assist in training new team members
- Interface with other departments to assure efficient flow of information and materials
- Perform Key Performance Indicators:
- Meet production deadlines
- Quality of finished product (Pass/fail rates)
- Raw material stock levels
- Compliance outcomes
- Diagnose cause of electrical, optical or mechanical malfunction or failure of operational equipment and performs preventative and corrective maintenance
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Other duties as assigned
- Lifting up to – 25 lbs, Walking 25%, Climbing 10%, Sitting 75%, Standing 10%, Stooping 10%.
- Standing 50%
- Sitting 50%
- Light manufacturing
Only candidates that meet the qualifications as outlined above will be contacted for further information.
Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a Security Clearance.
LEONARDO DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS