Supervisor, Manufacturing at Hologic
Posted in Sales 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Diego, California
At Hologic, we’re an innovative medical technology company that enables healthier lives everywhere, every day. We are also a company that prospers and grows, which is why we’ve been able to expand our offerings to empower even more people and champion women’s health What powers our growth across Breast & Skeletal Health, Diagnostics, GYN Surgical and Medical Aesthetics Solutions is also what differentiates us: the exceptional and clinically proven capacity of our products to detect, diagnose and treat illnesses and other health conditions earlier and better. This clinical superiority creates high expectations, which we fulfill by continually challenging ourselves to improve health through better technology, education and market access. None of this would be possible without the talent and passion of our employees. Together, our expertise and dedication to developing and sharing more robust, science-based certainty drives our global presence and a promising pipeline that responds to the unmet health and wellness needs of women, families and communities. While we focus on women’s health and well-being, we are committed to having an even broader benefit on the world. Together, we advocate for better health and wellness through solutions that provide ever greater certainty and peace of mind.
This position is responsible for supervising reagent manufacturing at Hologic. The selected candidate will provide leadership and direction to manufacturing personnel and ensure products are produced efficiently while meeting quality standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent may be asked to perform other function-related activities in addition to the below mentioned responsibilities as reasonably required by business needs.
- Drive a culture of safety, quality, and continuous improvement
- Hire, train, and develop department personnel
- Ensure production requirements are met
- Engage, manage, and mentor team to achieve goals
- Perform NCR investigations and complaint investigations
- Act as contact for internal/external audits as required
- Review and approve manufacturing batch records
- Lead and support Continuous Improvement and cost saving initiatives
- Track department metrics and taken actions as appropriate
- Ensure efficient equipment and personnel resource utilization
- Identify and implement SOP/Mfg batch record improvements
- Assist with process transfers and development manufacturing
- Conduct performance evaluations for direct reports
- Review and approve for ECOs and SCOs
- Create Planned Deviations (PDVs) and product test plans as needed
- Perform backup activities for the Manager and other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required:
- Problem Solving
- Decision Making
- Advanced GMP and safety knowledge
- Talent Acquisition and development
- Strong technical understanding and experience in manufacturing
- Understanding of Planning function
- Organizational skills
Typically requires a BA or BS
Typically requires 5-8 years related experience
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
Agencies that submit a resume to Hologic must have a current executed Hologic Agency Agreement executed by a member of the Human Resource Department. In addition Agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by a Hologic Recruiter. All resumes must be sent to the Hologic Recruiter under these terms or they will not be considered.
Hologic, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer inclusive of disability and veterans.