Water Resources Scientist/Engineer Intern at Tetra Tech, Inc.
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Houston, Texas
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Tetra Tech’s Houston and San Antonio offices are seeking a Water Resources Science/Engineering student to fill a Summer Internship. The successful candidates will work as a team member to support water resources projects, typically under the direct supervision of a Project Manager or Task Lead. This position will potentially support federal, state, and municipal projects involving BMP design, watershed modeling, and water quality restoration planning. The desirable candidates should be enthusiastic, detail-oriented, communicative, and willing to learn new skills.
- Conduct research related to water resources studies including scientific, engineering, planning and policy topics
- Compile and compute a variety of data, and help to catalog and manage databases
- Analyze watershed and water quality data using GIS and statistical techniques
- Support watershed and water quality model setup, calibration, validation, and application
- Develop or prepare descriptive charts, figures/maps, and tables/matrices
- Support water resources planning through application of quantitative and qualitative evaluation techniques
- Perform writing assignments to contribute to project documentation and deliverables such as memos and reports
- Background and academic coursework leading to at least a Master’s Degree in water resources, hydrology, aquatic ecology, environmental engineering, or a related field
- Familiarity or experience with fundamentals of watershed management and planning, hydrology, and water quality
- An ability to think critically to formulate and solve problems related to hydrology, water quality, and ecological processes
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to summarize and present scientific data and model outputs in concise, readable language and figures
- Must be computer literate and have knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and ArcGIS
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
No calls or agencies