Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
When you’re a part of IHG, you’re more than your job title. If you’re anything like Isabella you’re a music lover and an avid soccer player too. And that’s what we love – the individual talents, interests and dreams that make you who you are.
Join the Business Reputation and Responsibility team at IHG and we won’t expect you to conform to any stereotype – because we know that a team with different perspectives and passions can only make us stronger.
What you will need is ambition, talent and some key skills. For this vital role, we’re looking for someone who can perform administrative duties for members of the executive staff (i.e. vice presidents). Work requires independent judgment and initiative on assignments that are sensitive in nature and demonstrate ability to deal with high-level contacts inside and outside a company. Screens telephone calls and visitors, and resolves routine and some complex inquiries. Schedules and maintains calendar of appointments, meetings and travel itineraries, and coordinates related arrangements. May prepare and distribute minutes of meetings. May perform special assignments such as compiling reports, researching information and summarizing publications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
• Complete and/or coordinate activities related to assigned special projects; assist in establishing project timetables, action steps and status updates; follow-up, as appropriate, to ensure timely execution to meet established deadlines.
• Research and compile a variety of moderately complex data to include creating spreadsheets or databases for maintaining and reporting management information; may require some analysis of data.
• Prepare a variety of departmental reports and/or presentations, gathering and summarizing information from various sources as requested; may create and format reports and presentation materials utilizing various spreadsheet graphics, and/or statistical software as needed.
• Monitor and report variances to departmental budgets or track departmental spend information to help maintain operating controls.
• Answer inquiries related to daily activities/programs of work area, and act as a liaison between assigned work area and internal or external contacts to convey appropriate information. Respond to and/or resolve internal/external inquiries regarding problems or complaints as needed. Maintain a consistent, high quality customer-focused orientation, including providing clear, accurate information; explaining procedures or materials or providing supplemental information; anticipating problems or questions; or referring customers to appropriate contacts within the unit, department or division.
• Monitor costs of projects and ensure that invoices/bills are accurate; ensure proper coding and forwarding of invoices to accounts payable; maintain tracking and reporting systems, if appropriate.
• Compose and prepare clear and concise correspondence as requested or required. Review documents, logs, reports or other work products for typographical accuracy and format.
• Provide administrative support to manager or managers within assigned work area. Organize and expedite flow of work for manager; follow-up on pending matters; communicate and interpret manager's instructions; and communicate information to staff or clients in manager’s absence. Maintain manager's appointment calendar; coordinate telephone calls, incoming mail; set up and maintain filing systems, etc. May review, track data from, complete and/or monitor staff itineraries, calendars, expense reports, or other functional reports as needed.
• Perform other administrative support duties as assigned to facilitate the smooth operation of the assigned work area. Prepare reports, charts, presentation data, or logs as required and according to established specifications. Copy, route and file appropriate documents in an accurate and timely manner. Identify and assist in planning for the acquisition of supplies, equipment, facilities and services necessary to maintain an efficient operation.
High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
Typically 2-5 years administrative/secretarial or related experience.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
• Demonstrated strong PC skills including proficiency in a variety of software packages (i.e. Lotus, Excel, WP, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, e-mail, etc.).
• Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills for the purpose of conveying information to internal and external customers, or providing information via written reports or correspondence.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze basic database information for the purpose of accurately tracking or maintaining data and reporting trends or inconsistencies.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments and projects accurately and with attention to detail. Demonstrated follow-through and ability to complete multiple ongoing projects on time and within specified budget.
• Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail in order to maintain accuracy of reporting data.
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills for the purpose of maintaining the daily flow of office work, answering questions, and resolving issues.
• Demonstrated math skills for the purpose of checking figures for accuracy.
• Demonstrated ability to type at least 60 words per minute.
Decision making responsibilities (Key Decision Rights)
• This position determines the administrative flow of work for the manager and/or department, prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and organizing the flow of paperwork, reports, maintenance of data, etc. in and out of the office.
• This position acts as primary contact in the manager’s absence, making determinations of the importance of various issues and alerting the manager of any emergencies or high-priority issues.
• This position frequently performs office-related projects or tasks to completion with minimal instruction or guidance.
Contacts (Key Relationships)
Internal Key Relationships
All organizational levels including Board members and the Company’s personnel: to coordinate projects/information; exchange and obtain information; expedite flow of information.
External Key Relationships
External Management at other companies; vendors; outside contractors, etc.: to obtain and provide information
Majority of work is performed in a normal office environment.
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package – including 401k, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, and discounts at our hotels. What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans