Production Operator (Quarry) - Southard at USG Corporation
Posted in Transportation 6 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Southard, Oklahoma
USG is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and innovative solutions. For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG has developed award-winning wall, ceiling, flooring, sheathing and roofing products that enable customers to build the outstanding spaces where people live, work and play. With almost 7,000 employees across North America and operations around the world, we are steadfastly committed to our core values: safety, innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity and efficiency.
Our employees are the backbone that supports our organization. That’s why we hire people for careers, not jobs. We offer benefits on Day 1, including medical and dental, paid sick days, and paid vacation and holidays. Plus, providing competitive pay and separate investment and retirement plans help secure our employees’ futures. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate milestone anniversaries with us – find out how you can join our team and build your career with USG: http://www.usg.com/content/usgcom/en/about-usg/careers.html.
1. Safely operate multiple pieces of heavy equipment in the extraction of gypsum from a surface quarry.
2. Performs walk-around inspections of equipment to detect potential safety concerns or maintenance malfunctions.
3. Communicates with supervisors, other operators, and mechanics to receive/share tasks, instructions, conditions etc.
4. Responsible for helping keep the equipment in good working order.
5. The starting rate of pay for this position is $17.24 per hour.
1. Some prior experience operating off-road equipment is preferred.
2. Able to operate assigned mobile equipment in a safe manner.
3. Must possess a valid driver's license. CDL a plus but not required.
4. Ability to troubleshoot minor issues with the equipment.
5. Team player, good communication skills needed with all co-workers.
6. Ability to work independently to complete assigned tasks.
7. Meet the essential physical requirements for the position.