Portfolio Revenue Analyst Associate at Robert Half International
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Ramon, California
JOB REQUISITIONPortfolio Revenue Analyst Associate
Robert Half is seeking a Portfolio Revenue Analyst Associate to be responsible for evaluating an assigned portfolio of projects with particular attention to contract compliance with Protiviti Risk Policies, validate that revenue recognition is in accordance with GAAP / Protiviti revenue policy, and facilitate the proper handling of unrealizable project activity.
The assigned portfolio of projects is comprised of strategic accounts which meet defined metrics related to dollar value, risk, or competitive value. Monitoring this portfolio requires a high touch, involved approach, including regular open communication with the engagement teams, legal and Protiviti operations finance, the assessment of multiple combined contracts with complex terms and conditions, and consideration to other qualitative aspects of the client relationship which may have an impact on revenue recognition.
Specific responsibilities include:
Monthly Portfolio Review
- Monitor and Analyze financial transactions / adjustments requests at a portfolio level (including Prior Period Adjustments and Re-Allocations, closing adjustments and prospective adjustments) for compliance with Protiviti's revenue recognition / approval policy.
- Evaluate the impact of standard contracts, change orders or other supporting documents on the revenue reporting environment.
- For SIP projects, evaluate for Activation in accordance with Protiviti revenue recognition policies. Propose activation as appropriate and obtain Protiviti and Corporate leadership approvals.
- Maintain portfolio level watch lists for transactions with increased risk levels based on key financial indicators (including activity levels, billing/collection history and DSO calculations).
- Review global client activity for ongoing inter-business unit transactions and coordinate activities as necessary to ensure appropriate global revenue recognition.
- Communicate regularly with Engagement Managers to ensure relevant information is included in portfolio analysis, including client and project level selling strategy, client satisfaction, project status, and billing and collections matters.
- On a monthly basis, review portfolio reporting responses from Protiviti Engagement Managers. Exercise judgment within Protiviti's revenue recognition policy and use analytical techniques to identify and investigate fluctuations in financial results of projects.
- Evaluate projects within the portfolio for potential revenue reserves. Use key performance indicators (inventory aging, project run rates, project estimates, contractual limits/restrictions, etc.) to evaluate projects within the portfolio for potential revenue reserves. Enforce compliance with Protiviti's Revenue recognition policies and GAAP. Propose resulting adjustments, reserves, and reserve reversals as necessary for Protiviti and Corporate approvals.
- Maintain and update project events for pending actions.
Communication, Customer Service & Relationship Management
- Work directly with Protiviti Engagement Managers. Apply knowledge of Protiviti revenue policy and historical trends in preparing summaries for RHI management.
- Builds productive internal and external staff and client relationships
- Provides guidance to Protiviti field on to support Protiviti policies
- Responds to and applies communication skills to facilitate resolution of customer inquiries
- Promotes activities that provide and enhance the customer service experience
- Demonstrates a customer service focus, and strives to meet and exceed service level agreements
- Escalates unresolved issues appropriately
Project Activations & Re-estimations
Perform quality assurance reviews on revenue contracts. Ensure compliance with corporate policies and US GAAP.
Partner with the Regional Portfolio Revenue Manager on technical accounting issues to assess and resolve potential accounting issues as identified.
Month/Quarter End Close
- Participate in month-end and quarter-end close checklist procedures including the preparation and posting of revenue reserves and accruals journal entries.
- Prepare and deliver recurring and ad hoc reporting on quarterly/annual close activity (Analysis of revenue adjustments, etc.). Validate results, present findings and recommend actions to Regional Portfolio Revenue Manager.
- Provides information as requested for use in the preparation of internal and external reporting as it relates to Protiviti revenues.
Compliance and Regulatory
- Adheres to policies and procedures for internal controls over financial reporting and resolves issues as required. Assist in maintaining and improving documentation processes to satisfy compliance requirements.
- Work closely with internal and external auditors during quarterly/annual audit.
- Regularly attends US GAAP technical training, specifically with respect to Revenue Recognition. Develop professional knowledge related to US GAAP as it affects Revenue Recognition, internal controls over financial reporting, Protiviti revenue recognition policies and procedures, Robert Half policies and procedures, and SEC compliance matters.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA a plus
- 2+ years public accounting experience with CPA; or 4+ years without CPA
- Demonstrated understanding of GAAP revenue accounting principals
- Experience in a consulting services industry highly desirable.
- Experience applying GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley, and company policies
- Requires proficiency in Microsoft Office including strong Excel, Word and Outlook skills. Requires ability to grasp new systems software/database programs quickly. Experience with ERP systems and using query tools a plus.
- CPA a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication and consultation skills. Strong business acumen and detail orientation; excellent organization and time management skills; ability to meet stated deadlines.
At Robert Half, there’s more to us than what we do. Learn about our values and what it’s like to work for the largest specialized staffing firm in the world at our San Ramon, California corporate office. We are Robert Half - Take a look!
Follow us on Twitter @RH_Corp_Jobs for Robert Half Corporate job openings and career and workplace news!
Robert Half International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
As part of Robert Half’s corporate facility employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
You may apply for this position online, or by mail. Robert Half is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application
- The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.
By mail: Please mail your cover letter and resume to: Corporate Staffing Robert Half 2613 Camino Ramon San Ramon, CA 94583-9128
JOB LOCATIONCA SAN RAMON CORP