Operations Clerk 2 - 2nd Shift Shipping at LSC Communications
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Plainfield, Indiana
The LSC Communications distribution center located in Plainfield, IN is looking for an Operations Clerk 2 to work in Shipping on 2nd Shift.
Perform routine but varied clerical duties in accordance with standard procedures. Provide clerical support by recording, entering and verifying data from a variety of sources and documents. Maintain records, compile standard reports, file, tabulate, and performing routine clerical tasks related to Assembly. Apply knowledge of department policies and procedures, and utilizes a general understanding of other departments' functions. Responsible for data entry, reporting, checking or verifying of information, generation of reports, responding to data requests and for maintaining department files. May assist with work planning and special projects and in resolving accounting issues.
- Monitors job quality by performing frequent inspections. Refers unusual operations issues and/or problems in a timely and effective manner to the Supervisor for resolution.
- Recommend changes to the Supervisor to improve upon procedures as required to exceed customer expectations.
- Move inventory to ensure fastest moving product is placed in the most efficient location.
- Work with inventory team and quality team to ensure proper movement systematically of inventory
- Assists with physical counts on inventory items and inventory transactions
- Performs data inquiries
- Enters data into system to create labels by operating a PC, label machines and printers.
- Quality control of data, ISBN's, digits, barcodes, build and tasking numbers
- Monitors job quality by performing frequent quality inspections. Reports issues/problems in a timely manner to supervisor for resolution.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Experience in a fast paced distribution center a plus
- Ability to read and write in English and interpret written instructions
- Must be able to communicate and interact with a variety of internal/external customers and/or co-workers at level of detail required to resolve issues.
- Requires strong communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand.
- Able to apply basic functional computer knowledge utilizing Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Excel and other technical tools in completing assignments.
- Basic math skills and sound mathematical reasoning. Must have an organized approach to task completion and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to solve problems by analyzing variables and applying appropriate solutions learned through experience and proficiency in understanding the job.
- Strong organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively complete work records with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to read and interpret data and draw valid conclusions.