Warehouse Supervisor at LSC Communications
Posted in General Business 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Plainfield, Indiana
LSC Communications BFS is currently seeking a Warehouse Supervisor for our Plainfield, IN distribution facility. Position is primarily on 2nd shift, but other hours may be required. Provides leadership and oversees day-to-day operations within the assigned department. Ensures quality and productivity levels by training and motivating employees in order to meet customer requirements and deadlines
- Supervises day-to-day operations on assigned shift and ensures proper workflow in the assigned department. Ensures all employees have correct instructions as well as availability of materials.
- Monitors customer Assembly projects, fulfillment, analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Analyze performance data for process designs and investigate root causes of failure.
- Accomplishes manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and counseling employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains staff by selecting, orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to defects; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Provides information to manager, co-workers, and subordinates of workload and any problems.
- Develops procedures and techniques to reduce process variation and fulfillment delays, while increasing productivity.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing quality workmanship standards.
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices and procedures, personnel requirements; implementing change.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
- Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish group objectives.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results.
- Promotes safe practices and enforces plant safety policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 4-5 years of relevant work experience in supervising 15 employees OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish/English), preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and achieve business objectives.
- Knowledge of processes, quality control and other techniques for maximizing the effective distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, productivity, cost and employee relations.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Willing and able to work assigned shift, primarily 1st shift, weekends and/or in multiple departments as needed
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must meet minimum requirements stated above
- Must be in good standing with no current final warnings
- Must list all relevant skills and qualifications for position.