IT Infrastructure Tech 2 at LSC Communications
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Dallas, Texas
LSC Communications is a $3.5B company with over 20,000 employees worldwide, serving the needs of Publishers, Merchandisers and Retailers with innovative product, service and technology offerings. In order to increase speed-to-market, reduce costs and improve efficiencies, LSC combines print, e-services, warehousing, fulfillment and supply chain management.
Provides day-to-day problem resolution to end-users regarding their PC hardware and software applications, along with problem resolution for all other IT assets onsite (e.g. LAN, servers, etc.) Also provides support for the design, procurement, installation and configuration of all site IT infrastructure to support effective and efficient technology use at the site (e.g. electrical power, HVAC, LAN, servers, disaster recovery, etc.) Perform asset management functions for all IT assets within the site(s).
Work is typically performed under minimal daily supervision, receiving guidance from manager/supervisor about the work that needs to be completed. Able to exercise high level of discretion and latitude in completing tasks.
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
§ Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 3-5 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- Able to demonstrates ability to solve somewhat more complex problems by analyzing variables and applying appropriate solutions learned through experience and proficiency in understanding the job.
- Must be able to recognize anomalies and critical situations and respond appropriately.
- Must be able to communicate and interact with a variety of internal/external customers and/or co-workers at level of detail required to resolve issues of moderate complexity.
- Able to apply strong functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MAC, or other technical tools in completing assignments.
- May require knowledge of or ability to quickly learn specialized software to complete work assignments.
- Able to demonstrate continued expertise in the primary tools or applications used in completing daily work assignments.
- Requires very good communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand.
- Must be able to proactively listen to others to understand issues and situations.
- Must be able to clearly articulate business needs to both internal and external customers.