Hoist 2 (Order Picker/Turret) - 3rd Shift at LSC Communications
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Plainfield, Indiana
LSC Communications Book Fulfillment Center in Plainfield, IN is looking for dependable, safety minded individuals for Hoist Operator 2 positions available on 3rd Shift.
The Hoist Operator 2 will drive forklift truck equipped with lifting devices such as forklift, fork-grapple, clamps, elevating platform, or trailer hitch, to push, pull, lift, stack, tier, or move raw paper materials and in process products and finished products, equipment, or materials in warehouse, storage yard, or factory. May move materials and equipment using an overhead rail crane or operate a rail car mover such as a Trackmobile. May load and unload semi trailer trucks. Maintain accurate inventory and report any discrepancies. May load or unload materials onto or off of pallets, skids, or lifting device. Perform safety checks on lifts. May lubricate truck, recharge batteries, fill fuel tank, or replace liquefied-gas tank. Responsible for inventory control, tracking and reporting inventory utilizing a materials management system. May organize and assign storage space utilized in warehousing and moving materials in the departments.
- Demonstrated ability to operate mobile equipment. Must be able to successfully complete the Division Hoist Operator's Training Program.
- Ability to lift and handle cartons up to 60 pounds on an occasional basis and up to 40 pounds on a continuous basis.
- Ability to read and write in English and interpret written instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve.
- Must be able to step up and down from hoist seat level repeatedly. Hearing and eyesight must meet the standards established by the Medical Department for the occupation.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision, be well organized and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work at heights up to 40 feet.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Basic math skills and sound mathematical reasoning.
- Self-motivated and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work weekends and overtime as required.
- Ability to work in a team environment required.
Now let's talk about us!!!
- A fun, flexible, friendly work environment with opportunity for advancement
- 3rd shift hours are 11 pm - 7 am with paid break/lunch (Overtime may be required)
- Vacation time, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k with Company match
- Company paid benefits includes Short Term & Long Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, and Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discount Programs