Shift Coordinator 1 - 3rd shift at LSC Communications
Posted in General Business 6 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Cranbury, New Jersey
The LSC Communications distribution center located in Cranbury, NJ is looking for an experienced shift coordinator (team lead) to work out of its third shift (11:30 pm - 8:00 am) Oversee manufacturing operations shift with the objective of maximizing productivity of quality products while minimizing costs. Ensure that all processes are being followed in the completion of work tasks. Provide instruction and guidance to employees and audit work processes and products to confirm production specifications are met. Oversee operations, maintenance, and purchase and stocking of supplies and raw materials. Maintain and updates daily production records and produces reports as necessary. Ensure that safety procedures are followed by all employees. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assign tasks, team member direction
- Leads team of Hoist Operators, Picker Packers and temporary employees as per work instructions and procedures.
- Monitors work flows and adjusts resources appropriately
- Daily verification of temporary employees reporting as scheduled, notification of any temporary employee absences, communicate temporary employee performance problems, assigns temporary employees job tasks and accurately "task" each employee into the computer terminal
- Support daily facility operational goals by maintaining good communication between operational units
- Interpret specifications and answers job order question for co-workers
- Ensure that equipment is properly maintained and operated in a safe manner
- Establish and/or modifies work procedures to meet production schedules
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, assists workers to achieve work goals
- Establish and maintain credibility throughout the organization with the Leadership Team and other members of Senior Management as an effective problem solver; be viewed as approachable and as a mentor to people on facility operations issues
- Coordinate scheduling of temporary employees with applicable department managers
- Participate in period training/development programs as required of the position
- Working knowledge of all basic job functions and equipment that supports the immediate operational area where applicable: Hoist Operators (Receiving, Nerve Center, Shipping), Picker Packers (Returns, Loose Piece, Assembly)
- Understands the major "cause and effect" relationships between operational areas
- Supports management team as liaison between manager and operations team in supervisor absence
- Working knowledge of all facility coordinator position responsibilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Ability to coordinate facts, tasks and people
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to understand, interpret, and integrate procedures
- Customer oriented; both external and internal
- Strong attention to detail
- Organized approach to task completion
- Demonstrated proficiency with work tasks of the assigned department
- Basic computer literacy
- Ability to stand for extended periods
- Ability to lift and handle cartons up to 60 pounds on an occasional basis and up to 40 pounds on a continuous basis
- Demonstrated ability to operate mobile equipment (i.e. forklift) and work at heights up to 40 feet.
- Ability to read and write in English and interpret written instructions
- Strong basic math skills and sound mathematical reasoning
- Ability to problem-solve
- Must be in good standing with no current final warnings
- Ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment