Forklift Operator 2 at LSC Communications
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Torrance, California
Responsible for moving raw materials and/or roll stock to manufacturing and moving and loading finished product for shipment. The successful candidate will be required to complete a hoist operator safety program.
Operates equipment to move finished product for shipping or storage. Coordinate the flow of materials into, out of, and between Shipping, Bindery, Press and FSI via the warehouse management system, MTC.
Stages product to be moved or shipped.
Racks unused supplies and maintains an inventory of type, amount and location of items.
Transports and processes manufacturing paper by-products.
Empties trash hoppers and performs other housekeeping duties as needed.
Performs routine daily inspections on forklifts and assures maintenance needs are reported.
Adheres to and promotes all safety policies and procedures including, but not limited to the proper handling of hazardous waste, lock out - tag out rules and hearing and eye protection policies.
Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Must be a demonstrated self-starter capable of completing tasks with minimum supervision
- Ability to lift pallet tops and stacks of signatures
- Good leadership and communication skills
- Ability to load and unload finished pallets of product on automated wrapping equipment
- Ability to read and understand measurements systems including scales and tape measures
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Basic computer knowledge
- Must be able to pass forklift driver's exam