Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Baraboo, Wisconsin
LSC Communications has a Production Scheduler position available at the Baraboo location.
Create an environment which allows employees to effectively perform the duties outlines in their respective job descriptions. Plan, lead and coordinate all areas of print production operations to achieve continual improvement in safety/housekeeping, quality, productivity, and employee relations.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Work to eliminate all unsafe behaviors and conditions within the plant. Fully support and practice Safety Training Observation Program techniques on a daily basis Maintain excellent housekeeping practices and safety awareness on all shifts.
2. Responsible for first-line direction of non-exempt employees involved in print production operations.
3. Reviews production schedules, material and manpower resources.
4. Assigns employees to maximize production objectives, maintain quality and attain output requirements.
5. Informs assigned employees of production objectives, maintain quality and attain output requirements. Works closely with Press Operators to solve daily production issues.
6. Participate in establishing and modifying operational methods and processes by recommending changes in materials, equipment and procedures.
7. Maintain a variety of reports, records and production documentation to reflect schedules, performance, methods and the like.
8. Responsible for signing off on all final office copies.
9. Process Improvement Team Leader on assigned press; focusing on eliminating production barriers.
10. Facilitate and/or attend all required meetings; i.e. quarterly safety meetings, training sessions and process improvement meetings.
11. Accountable for the completion of all necessary records; attendance sheets, daily production reports, job and accident reports, maintenance request and safety audits.
12. Work with other RR Donnelley departments to ensure that Press meets or exceeds internal and external quality and service expectations.
13. Make recommendations regarding promotions transfers, training and merit increases of press personnel. Complete performance appraisal forms for production employees.
14. Facilitation of employee growth, both professional and personal.
15. May assist with inventory.
Required: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Preferred: Associate Degree in Graphic Arts, Business, Industrial Management or related field
Required: Minimum of 6 years experience gained through training and experience in all phases of press work in the printing industry, with at least 3 years of Web Heatset Press experience.
Preferred: Previous supervisory experience with 2 years of work experience in the printing industry.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.