Help Desk Technician 1 at Hologic
Posted in Information Technology 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Diego, California
At Hologic, we’re an innovative medical technology company that enables healthier lives everywhere, every day. We are also a company that prospers and grows, which is why we’ve been able to expand our offerings to empower even more people and champion women’s health What powers our growth across Breast & Skeletal Health, Diagnostics, GYN Surgical and Medical Aesthetics Solutions is also what differentiates us: the exceptional and clinically proven capacity of our products to detect, diagnose and treat illnesses and other health conditions earlier and better. This clinical superiority creates high expectations, which we fulfill by continually challenging ourselves to improve health through better technology, education and market access. None of this would be possible without the talent and passion of our employees. Together, our expertise and dedication to developing and sharing more robust, science-based certainty drives our global presence and a promising pipeline that responds to the unmet health and wellness needs of women, families and communities. While we focus on women’s health and well-being, we are committed to having an even broader benefit on the world. Together, we advocate for better health and wellness through solutions that provide ever greater certainty and peace of mind.
Duties & Responsibilities:
IS Helpdesk support (On rotating basis with some after-hours coverage)
- Answer help desk phone calls
- Route help desk tickets to appropriate technicians
- Provide on the spot troubleshooting as time allows
- Provide support through online chat system
- PC/Laptop Hardware and Software
- Network Peripherals and Printers
- Telephone System
- Enterprise/Business Applications
Manage PC/Network Inventory
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Windows 7 & 10 experience required
- Knowledge of Laptop/Printer Hardware
- Networking skills a plus
- PC/Laptop build experience
- Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange experience required
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve PC/Network problems quickly and accurately
- Ability to be an active participant and contributor on a professional IS Support Team
- Excellent communication skills, telephone support skills, and interpersonal skills required with a customer service focus
- ServiceNow experience desired
- MacOS experience desired
- Mid-level position, all relevant experience considered, PC support experience required
- BA/BS MIS or CIS (or related technical discipline) desired
- 1-3 years’ experience in IS helpdesk support
- Strong troubleshooting and technical skills
- Good communications skills
- Ability to follow outlined processes and procedures Knowledge:
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
Agencies that submit a resume to Hologic must have a current executed Hologic Agency Agreement executed by a member of the Human Resource Department. In addition Agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by a Hologic Recruiter. All resumes must be sent to the Hologic Recruiter under these terms or they will not be considered.
Hologic, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer inclusive of disability and veterans.