Construction Defect Claims Specialist at Amerisure Insurance Company
Posted in Insurance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Duluth, Georgia
WHEN APPLYING PLEASE USE A WEB BROWSER OTHER THAN INTERNET EXPLORER IF YOU ENCOUNTER ISSUES (CHROME, FIREFOX, SAFARI, ETC.)
Amerisure is an insurance organization charged with creating exceptional value for its Partners For Success® agencies, employees and policyholders. As a property and casualty insurance company, Amerisure’s promise to our partner agencies and policyholders begins with a comprehensive line of insurance products designed to protect businesses, as well as the health and safety of every employee. Amerisure is an A.M. Best “A” (excellent) rated company and services mid-sized commercial enterprises focused in construction, manufacturing and healthcare. We are ranked as one of the top 100 Property & Casualty companies in the United States, with more than $835 million in Direct Written Premium and $937 million in surplus.
Amerisure is currently recruiting for a Construction Defect Claims Specialist. Ideally this position would be housed in one the following offices: Atlanta, North Carolina, or Richmond; but are open to having the role sit remotely or in one of our other CSC offices for the right candidate. The ideal incumbent would possess the following skill set.
Conduct investigation of complex construction defect claims. Concludes claims based on the analysis of coverage and the developed facts of loss. Promotes the success of the organization through development of relationships with agencies, policyholders and the insured.
Essential Tasks/Major Duties
- Investigate construction defect losses, identify coverage, evaluate liability and damages, review and analyze construction contracts, documents and legal pleadings.
- Determine need for, identify and engage experienced independent adjusters, engineers, counsel, or other technical experts while monitoring and controlling costs.
- Review and interpret commercial General Liability policies and accordingly communicate coverage issues verbally and in writing through reservation of rights letters.
- Develop plan of action to proactively conclude claims through timely evaluation of damages, engaging other parties, negotiations and settlement pursuant to claims guidelines.
- Advise agents, policyholders and internal stakeholders of claims status as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in insurance or a related field.
- 5 years of experience with commercial property construction defect loss adjustment.
- Extensive claims knowledge and skills related to General Liability bodily injury and General Liability property damage claims, including construction defect, are required.
- Continued insurance education including designations such as AIC and CPCU preferred.
- Proficient computer skills required including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated successful ability to build positive partnerships and work collaboratively with cross-functional business teams.
- Demonstrated successful ability to prioritize and multi-task various and conflicting responsibilities.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and decision making skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with internal and external customers.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
WHEN APPLYING PLEASE USE A WEB BROWSER OTHER THAN INTERNET EXPLORER SUCH AS CHROME, FIREFOX, ETC.
Just as we are committed to creating exceptional value for our Partners For Success® agencies and policyholders, Amerisure also remains committed to being an employer of choice. We reinforce this commitment by adhering to an Employee Value Proposition that, in part, is provided through a competitive total rewards package. Amerisure offers a Compensation & Benefits Package that includes competitive base pay, performance based incentive pay, comprehensive health & welfare benefits, 401(k) savings plan, and profit sharing. In addition to generous paid time off programs, we allow our employees flexible and remote work arrangements. If you strive for excellence and are committed to personal and professional growth, Amerisure is looking for you.
Amerisure Insurance provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Amerisure Insurance complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Amerisure Insurance expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Amerisure’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.