Senior Product/Process Engineer at DRS Technologies
Posted in Architecture 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Dallas, Texas
LEONARDO DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo, which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture that rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
LEONARDO DRS Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. We develop, manufacture, and support infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world’s brightest. Supporting the world’s bravest.
DRS Infrared Sensors and Systems in Dallas, Texas specializes as a worldwide leader in thermal imagery and sensory solutions for commercial and military applications. We are looking to add a new member to our Focal Plane Array (FPA) team to help provide leadership and technical expertise as a Product Engineer. We are looking for someone with semiconductor and/or project management experience. This person will help develop and lead projects supporting our FPA technology roadmap. These include design, development, and fabrication of state of the art focal plane arrays.
Basic Qualifications and Required Skills
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience: 5+ years
- Desire to win and the ability to effectively integrate with the team
- Self-motivated and focused on developing and successfully implementing the team’s vision and goals
- Knowledge of semiconductor devices, processing, circuit design, and test
- Experience using analysis software packages (ex. Cornerstone, Spotfire, etc.)
- Experience using Matlab
- Experience with failure analysis tools and techniques
- Experience with data collection, databases, and database queries
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational skills and the ability to document and communicate plans, experiments, progress, and results
- Ability to effectively participate in multifunctional teams to improve yields, solve problems and implement corrective actions
- Knowledge of infrared technology and materials
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop, fabricate, analyze and modify Focal Plane Array products/devices
- Troubleshoot and diagnose problems with existing products and make modifications and improvements as needed
- Compile and evaluate inline product, process and test data
- Evaluate and recommend design approaches to meet production requirements for new or improved products
- Working knowledge of statistical techniques in development such as Design of Experiments and SPC
- Monitor and improve product yield
- Support Root Cause Analysis and Cost Reduction projects in line with vision and goals of the team
- Complete project actions, document results and write reports
- Implement and monitor key performance metrics to detect and solve problems and minimize the impact to product
- Provide the vision for the future of product technology necessary to lead in capability and manufacturability
- Lead and complete projects on schedule and budget
- Provide technical knowledge and assistance to other engineers and support personnel
- Other duties as assigned
- Bending, stooping, kneeling, walking and the ability to lift up to 20 lbs. is required.
- Travel ≤ 10% of time.
Only candidates that meet the qualifications as outlined above will be contacted for further information.
Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a Security Clearance.
LEONARDO DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS