Mortgage Loan Originator at D.R. Horton, Inc.
Posted in General Business 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Henderson, Nevada
D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S., was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website at www.drhorton.com for more information.
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for a Mortgage Loan Originatorfor their Financial Services Branch. The right candidate will promote and provide business development, origination of loans, relationship management with customers and clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Marketing/Business Development:
- Spend adequate time in builder communities earning the business
- Provide weekend coverage in builder communities and grand opening functions
- Make presentations on loan products in Sales Meetings and with Sales staff in builder communities
- Develop sales leads for mortgages in builder communities and real estate offices
- Follow-up, for business development, with visitor/lead cards of buyers who do not purchase D.R. Horton homes
- Develop a detailed marketing plan annually to include business development/sales strategy with on-site sales representatives and outside Realtors
- Meet with the Branch Manager on a quarterly basis to review the marketing plan and results
- Responsible for marketing of DHI Mortgage’s products and services to potential business sources for the purpose of loan originations
- Educate and train potential business sources (captive and non-captive) via sales presentations
- Responsible for content and accuracy of all marketing materials
- Represent DHI Mortgage in a professional manner at industry-related functions
- Initial Loan Application:
- Meet routinely with builder sales representatives
- Prepare prospective applicants for the initial loan application meeting
- Obtain all required signatures on the Loan Application
- Submit file through the Automated Underwriting system
- Review all documentation provided by borrower, check for accuracy and address any discrepancies
- Conversation Log must clearly note status of any required documentation not included in the file
- Other Duties:
- Daily Pipeline Management (loan application to funding process)
- Quality Control - be familiar and comply with all DHI Mortgage's QC policies, review updates to manual and attend meetings as necessary
- Provide input to management
- Attend production/staff meetings
- Special projects as assigned by branch manager
- Infrequently, assist in resolving post-closing/funding problems
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Licensed mortgage loan officer as required by state.
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including vision, medical and dental. Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, America's Builder.