Senior Engineer Evaporation Technology at Cargill
Posted in Engineering 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Hopkins, Minnesota
This role is the expert for identifying, providing, and implementing best practice evaporation operations and solutions for the Salt business. This position will develop preventive approaches for meeting efficiency standards, recommend process improvements, and develop business cases for improved operational effectiveness methods and leading practices. This position provides expert resolution of issues and monitors integration of work. This position will advise, consult, and provide overall governance and leadership to set the strategic and tactical direction for execution of long-term solutions for the evaporation locations across the Salt business. It will ensure identification and recommendations for process improvements regarding the design and operation of solution mining, evaporation process, and boiler operation. This position will be involved in technical concepts of projects and collaborate with project teams regarding well drilling and maintenance, solution handling, and equipment specifications.
This position will develop solution cavern models for each of the plants to determine optimal operating parameters and identify opportunities to improve performance to meet corporate directions and goals. This will include technical project work and management as well as troubleshooting and process design. This individual will be chartered with providing strategic leadership and development to the plant operations staff in partnership with the Business Operations Leaders.
This preference is for this position to be located at our Hopkins, MN facility or one of our evaporation facilities. Remote work arrangements may also be considered.
50% Provide technical engineering expertise and leadership on projects for the business and across platforms: Work through geographically diverse sites and operations teams to ensure uniform application of policies as well as to determine and implement best practices. Ensure all EHS requirements and policies are followed for designs and processes.
30% Develop strategy for and provide process technician training for new supervisors, engineers and interns across the business.
20% Develop and deploy evaporation strategies by leading Business Evaporation Team* to fulfill Business goals and direction. Lead communication of strategies and change deployment across the Business and develop systems to fulfill required changes.
- B.S. degree engineering
- 15+ years’ salt operations experience
- Deep technical knowledge specific to evaporation plant operations
- Demonstrated ability to train, develop, and support employees in technical processes
- Demonstrated ability to lead others, including change leadership
- Demonstrated ability to effectively assess risk, identify improvements, and implement
- Communications skills; ability to develop a vision; ability to network; ability to be effective through influencing others
- Strong analytical and strategic thinker with the ability to turn strategy into dynamic and effective plans that make a difference.
- Motivated self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit
- Competencies in the areas of leadership, communication, teamwork, and interpersonal effectiveness
- Ability to effectively lead teams from multiple sites as well as cross-functionally
- Demonstrated strong safety leadership performance – including in-depth knowledge of OSHA regulations
- 30% travel
- Experience leading a geographically dispersed team
- Multiple plant experience
- At least 4 years’ experience in a supervisory role
- Masters Degree or Higher in Engineering