Pipeline Construction Laborer (Landfills) - Across U.S. at Tetra Tech, Inc.
Posted in Construction 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Dubois, Pennsylvania
Tetra Tech AEG is seeking a Pipeline Construction Laborer
Do you thrive in dynamic environments working outdoors and have the ability to pursue excellence in environmental projects, working in and around heavy equipment, fusing plastic pipe and building gas piping systems? Tetra Tech is expanding our team and looking for hard working individuals who have experience or looking for a career change and have a passion for traveling, working outdoors and delivering high quality results and solutions to our customers.
Our Landfill Gas Construction division offers a unique work environment that specializes in a wide variety of projects where we are drilling for natural gas on landfills, installing new piping to collect the gas, fusing and welding HDPE pipe –allowing the gas to be transported to the power plant. Your role will be to support the project needs, build new gas systems and assisting other team members to conduct:
· New construction of gas wells, piping and gas flares on landfill and coal ash sites
· Other new construction activities on landfill gas (LFG) and landfill fluids collection systems
· Assist site supervisors in procurement of materials, equipment, and supplies for projects
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: (bolded are the essential functions which the incumbent must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation)
· *Understand environmental, health & safety regulations & perform work in compliant manner
· *Travel for extended periods (80% of year away from home), if necessary –up to 3-6 weeks at a time. Living in hotels & traveling between states. Walk long distances, up and down steeply sloped landfills and outdoor terrain
· *Ability to do heavy, manual work
· *Ability to walk long distances up and down slopes 1:1, 2:1 and 3:1 slopes
· *Ability to help maneuver, cut, fuse and fit pipe
· *Must be able to work in trenched areas to connect, refit and adjust piping system on landfills
· *Lift a minimum of 50 pounds on a non-consistent basis
· *Work in extreme (hot and cold) weather conditions safely including on very odorous project sites
· *Clean up work areas, clean and fuel vehicles and equipment as necessary
· *Operate general site vehicles and equipment, such as pickup trucks, and smaller equipment
· *Ability to drive a company vehicle for extended periods of time
· *Available to work overtime, nights, weekends, and holidays if necessary
· *Ability to communicate with clients and peers using professional diction
· Assist site supervisors with the materials and equipment needs and helping to collect supplies for projects
· Understand operation and maintenance of landfill gas (LFG) and landfill fluids collection systems
· Perform system construction activities in a safe and proper manner
· Perform maintenance on system components to ensure or restore proper operation and compliance
· Complete USEPA HAZWOPR, 40-hour, environmental health and safety classes, on-site training materials and annual 8-hour refresher classes
Requirements & Preferred Experience:
· Any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
· 1+ year of experience in decentralized business in construction, outdoor labor, mining and farming industries
· Ability to work around (not operate) heavy construction equipment (excavators, dozers, road trucks, etc), survey equipment, pipe fusion equipment & techniques, compacting and materials handling equipment
· Experience on landfill or refuse collection a plus.
· High School Diploma and GED preferred
· *Must have satisfactory driving record and keep in good standing, a valid driver’s license
· *Successfully complete drug screen (required) and baseline physical exam as needed
· A team player with the ability and willingness to pitch in as needed in areas outside core responsibilities and expertise.
Typical work demands and physical environment:
· *Lift a minimum of 50 pounds on a non-consistent basis
· Working in or around trenches, heavy equipment and pipe fusion equipment
· Ability to communicate with colleagues, site supervisor and client’s site manager including all safety personnel.
· Ability to frequently lift or carry containers, poly pipe, shovel garbage and loose material, work in and around leachate, or loose materials to truck; which may result in twisting, pulling, pushing and bending, depending on the material and collection vehicle type
· Ability to climb, bend or stand for an extended period of time. Work on 1:1, 2:1, 3:1 slopes. In addition, individuals must be able to reach above shoulders and lift a minimum of 50 pounds
· Ability to carry out day-to-day activities on a landfill working up to and possibly more than 6 weeks away from home, traveling from job site to job site across state lines.
· Candidate may be located in any area in lower 48 States in which we conduct business –typically within 50 miles of our project sites and ability to travel for up to 3-6 weeks a time and potentially stay in hotels rooming with a coworker
As a construction technician you will have access to travel to different parts of the country, work in and around excavators, articulating dump trucks, track loaders and Company vehicle for overnight trips. This role typically stays out at projects sites from 3-6 weeks with a week off in between.
Tetra Tech AEG strives on our unparalleled service to our clients. Tetra tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide and ranks 1st in many categories among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms. Please review this opportunity and see if this may be a great fit for you!
Tetra Tech is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations - in the U.S. and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workplace. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial, and cultural groups. Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOEAA/M/F/Vets/Disability
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contactor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Successful completion of a drug screen required.
If you are disabled and need assistance with your job application process, please fax the position you are applying for to: (330) 659-5931.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at: http://www.tetratech.com/en/waste-management